GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,826 Posts
If you care about this country, 90 miles wouldn't matter to you. I'd rather drive for two hours than put my ballot in the mail, especially when you say things like "the envelope has your party designation on the outside", which is just asking for your vote to be conveniently "lost".

Literally the life of this country as we know it, and possibly actual human lives, are in the balance here. Driving a bit is worth what this election has come down to, and all Republicans or anyone voting for Trump should do it in person, IMHO.
Ok I wasn’t clear. By 2nd outer but NOT the postage one. I ment the middle, signature one.
The ballot goes into a unmarked envelope. That is placed into a slightly larger signature envelope. (That you sign, it has a party marking on it). This goes into a slightly larger postal envelope. Postage paid..That only has address for ballot on it. Not any party, personal info.
Post office can’t see signature envelope. (Without opening, resealing, or some fancy method) like steaming...
It’s the next step. At election counting that huge changes can be made. Election judges could agree signature envelope is wrong on ones with a R on envelope.

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
If you care about this country, 90 miles wouldn't matter to you. I'd rather drive for two hours than put my ballot in the mail, especially when you say things like "the envelope has your party designation on the outside", which is just asking for your vote to be conveniently "lost".

Literally the life of this country as we know it, and possibly actual human lives, are in the balance here. Driving a bit is worth what this election has come down to, and all Republicans or anyone voting for Trump should do it in person, IMHO.
I don't care enough that if I had to spend 10 minutes in line, I would hang it up. Especially during this pandemic, I want absolutely nothing to do with crowds. And just because you went to a polling place doesn't mean your ballot actually got counted.

I have better accountability of my ballot via Permanent Absentee than most folks have with Vote In Person. There's really no accounting for the In Person ballots, the entire batch can be dumped in the river. I KNOW if mine has been counted! The web page says so.

Unless you can have better accountability than we have in California, you might want to consider whether or not In Person voting is a solution.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A package was mailed to me on October 23 from Roanoke, VA; I live in the Bootheel of Missouri. The package was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but for some USPS reason the package went on to Kansas City, KS...that's almost 7 hours northwest of me...so now I expect it will have to wind it's way back to St Louis, to Cape Girardeau, and finally down here...

Doesn't make a lot of sense..

BTW, I checked with the vendor, and he used my correct address and ZIP code.
the wife and i both used the mail in ballot process. about a week later, we were able to track our ballots via our secretary of state's office. both ballots arrived.

here is what i just now copied for me, my wife's is the same

• Status of Mail Ballot Request
    • Mail Ballot Application Received by Local Board of Canvassers: 10/07/2020
    • Mail Ballot Application Status: Accept
    • Mail Ballot Mailed to Voter: 10/07/2020
    • Mail Ballot Received by the Board of Elections: 10/22/2020
    • Mail Ballot Status: Accept

·
Registered
10,027 Posts
I stopped reading your post right here.

Sorry/not sorry.
Yup! I'm too old to care. I would be amazed if I see the next presidential election.

Young people should care, they will have to live with the results but, by and large, they're going to vote for Biden.

To say I am disappointed in our country would be a huge understatement.

In California, my vote is meaningless. Biden will carry the state by a wide margin so the only reason for me to vote is to have some tiny influence on ballot measures and probably only 'local' ballot measures at that. The big measures will be dominated by LA, San Diego and San Francisco. And the unions...

21 - 26 of 26 Posts