GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,623 Posts
Understood.

I think it would do a lot of us good to take a little break.

I have both read and said things that wouldn’t ever be said face to face.

When you recognize that you’re at that point, it’s time to play with the kids, tinker around in the garage, fool around with the wife, and talk with the neighbors.

·
Why so serious?
64,729 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Good luck to you, Sir. It’s a tension-filled time for our dear Republic. I’m optimistic that Mr. Trump will regain the presidency. But awaiting the Leftist reaction with a sense of dread.

Reactions: Glock&Spiel and TBO

·
Electric Sex
5,399 Posts
I'm getting a little lot too wound up here for my own good.

I need some me-time and so, I'm going on hiatus for a while ... or more.

Be kind to one another, okay?
That is a wise thing to do when things begin to twist you up tight. "Me-time" is a very good thing to do because in the end you are much more important than all of the things that are upsetting you. Let it all wash away as you enjoy life, and when you decide to return I'm sure that everyone will be happy to see you. :)

Best wishes, Emily

·
Electric Sex
5,399 Posts
I think it would do a lot of us good to take a little break.

I have both read and said things that wouldn’t ever be said face to face.
Thank you for your honesty jame. :) I know how you feel because I've always had a pretty explosive temper, and it took me decades to bring it under control. One way that I found to avoid saying things that I will regret on talk boards like this is to simply use my actual name as the user name. It is much easier to say rotten or embarrassing things when you don't have to own them. I have enough regrets in my life without adding to the list. ;)

·
Registered
CLM #38
10,285 Posts
I know how the OP feels. At this point, it seems as though the election is lost. Although I try to keep an optimistic outlook, there is a prevailing sense of dread in my soul.

This is going to suck.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Icandigit. After the way most of social media treats the individual these days, such 'vacations' are often essential. I dumped all of the usual suspects (twitter, fakebook, vuukle et al) over two years ago... I'll do the same when a forum I frequent 'takes a knee' to anarchists, like iboats.com did. I haven't been back there in years either. So I can relate.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts