XTreme Bullets

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by robhic, Nov 22, 2019.

1. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I've seen some folks trying to figure what happened to XTreme bullets. Well, if you haven't gotten an email (like I did) XTreme and Freedom Munitions (source of reloaded ammunition) have come out of bankruptcy and will be run by a company out of California (of all places!) and should be up soon. Stay tuned.

Kennydale likes this.
  2. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

Dirty smokey ammo. Polymer coated an I won’t put it through any of my glocks.

3. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

????? I haven't used Freedom for a while (since I started reloading) but I used a lot of it. I liked it. No polymer coatings or anything. I never had any problems with any of the 4-5 calibers I used except one .38spl that fired after the second strike.

4. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

Plated bullets. Not coated.

robhic and sixgun2 like this.
  5. nitesite10mm

nitesite10mm Sheepdog

I bought a lot of XTreme bullets before I began casting and powder coating. They made good plated bullets. Never a problem. I'm glad they are coming out of bankruptcy. They were once a small family owned company. I guess they now have been assimilated by The Borg.

treg, John_AZ, sixgun2 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Collo Rosso

Collo Rosso

I would wait for Xtreme to have one of their 10% off and free shipping sales and buy big quantities. Matter of fact I still have a box and a half of 230gr. RN for 45acp and a box of 158gr. SWC's for 38/357 left. The 9mm is long gone. Without those discounts coated is a much better deal now.

oldengineer likes this.
  7. IAhunter

IAhunter Venor ergo sum

Just north of the wall, Cochise County, Arizona
    I liked Xtreme, fair prices, good service, and their bullets appeared to be good quality. The one reason I quit using them is that I just could not get any of their .357 diameter bullets to group under two inches at 25 yards. I went back to Berry's and I now use the Speer plated .40 bullets too.

8. jp 19

jp 19

Extreme use to be west coast Bullets .... they were great as was extreme all double swagged and heavy plated...
    I hope they don’t changed their process...

nitesite10mm likes this.
  9. nmglock

nmglock

Just got the email. I have used Freedom and do like their ammo- no problems. Hopefully they will stick around

10. sixgun2

sixgun2 packin heat

I might stand to be corrected. Could someone post a pic of the box that they come in. Might not be the same company or product I’m referring too.
    Thx.

11. jp 19

jp 19

Google is your friend

12. Dave.1

Dave.1

F Munit 1 web.jpg

Dave

robhic likes this.
  13. BUG'S

BUG'S

XTREME no thanks. I used them years ago and began noticing discrepancies between batches. I started mic'ing them and found length and diameters all over the place. Too much inconsistency. All I use today are Zero Bullets & Montana Gold.

DubfromGA and CAMSDADDY like this.
  14. Hoser

Hoser Ninja

About the only Extreme bullet I had any success with was their 165gn 9mm bullet.

It worked very well in my S&W 929 revo. So well in fact I bought about 20K when I heard things might be going sideways with them.

The 165 also makes for very quiet subsonic ammo when run through a suppressor.

A few local guys tried their ammo and thought it was garbage.

And their junk stepped 9mm brass is evil.

15. checkyoursix

checkyoursix

I did not buy a lot of them because I thought they had become too expensive for a plated product, but never had issues with them.

Years ago on a whim I also bought a bunch of their primers and was pleasantly surprised, they loaded and functioned perfectly. Never saw them in stock again though.

16. Jayman28

Jayman28

I’ve had great success and results using Xtremes. I ran the 124 HP concave base for about 2 years shooting GSSF both indoor league and outdoor matches. Never had quality issues. My only issues were the loooong shipping times. I still shoot Xtremes in my unlimited gun and will continue to shoot em. Glad to see them coming back. Hopefully we will see great Black Friday sales again.

tommyherman, Mr Meeseeks and wlkjr like this.
  17. Dave.1

Dave.1

I bought a lot of their 9mm ammo back when ammo was coming back faster than components after the last panic. Later I bought a lot of Xtreme bullets too. Never had any issues with quality or shipping, but the shipping can depend on where you live and what kind of deals they were offering. Miss that 10% off with free shipping.

For anyone wondering, Xtreme brass, which Freedom was using for quite a few years befor Chapter 11, is great for reloading. It does not have a step in it. I've loaded thousands of rounds with it and it is still going strong.

Dave

18. oldengineer

oldengineer

I have a lot of inventory from them from when they ran those 20% off $5 shipping sales around patriotic holidays. I'll buy more if they start those sales again.

The only bad bullets I ever got from them was a box of 55 grain 223s when they first started making them. About 25% of them didn't have a cannelure but they sent me a replacement box for no charge.

19. tommyherman

tommyherman

I load the same bullet... also shoog GSSF indoor and outdoor.... I probably average around 200 rounds per week... sometimes more sometimes less but I have absolutely no problem with that bullet.... don't look to change.

Jayman28 likes this.
  20. Dave.1

Dave.1

I think they'll probably have to do something like that again, at least something with shipping if they want to compete with the other suppliers who are doing it.

The only other way they can go is to create a small niche market, and I think the old Xtreme market was too broad for that. Rocky Mountain Reloading, for example, has lots of specialty bullets but still maintains a broad market. They also offer free shipping and regular bullet deals.
    https://www.rmrbullets.com/

Dave