close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XS sights

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by PMMA97, Dec 17, 2004.

1. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

Anyone has experience with these kind?
    Is it worth the $120 ++?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

I had experience with the AO Big Dot back when I still had my G19. My experience overall with it is positive. Some do not like its supposed decline in accuracy in long shots, but I believe these sights are intended for close quarters combat. Of all the sights I used, I can actually see the Big Dot front sight while shooting on the move.

My biggest gripe with it would be this: the front sight seems to be working its way loose despite the application of red loctite. I had to re-screw mine several times. The screw thread isn't the strongest in the industry either.

3. Erich

Erich Millennium Member

I have a tritium-equipped set of express sights (the regular dot, not the big one) on my G36, and I think it's a great set-up. Amazingly fast on target. I don't really do long shots with the G36, so I can't say what its affect on long-range accuracy would be, though.

I'm pretty sure I'll get a similar set-up installed on my G26 one of these days.

4. 9MX

9MX Rei!

too expensive at USD 120. go for meps!:)

5. Erich

Erich Millennium Member

I've had Trijicons and IWI before - I like the fast sight picture of the XS sights. Worth the extra $ to me.

6. mikey177

mikey177 Remember

I have an XS big dot front sight on my G19, and I find this sight easier to acquire than the Heinie staright eight on my G26. A lot of this may be personal preference, of course, but its really hard to miss that gigantic (compared to the size of other front sights) white dot when you raise your pistol.

IMO, for close range work, the XS sight is very good, and its still adequately accurate for the longer ranges encountered in some IPSC courses. Since I use the G19 for defense and carry and have "retired" it from competition duty, I am more than satisfied with the XS for its intended purpose.