XS Sights?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cangler, Mar 12, 2010.

1. cangler

cangler Republican!!

im learning towards the XS 24/7 Express sites more than the meprolights or the trijicons for some reason... but not sure if i should go with the big or std. front.
    can anyone vouch for the XS sights compared to the others?

2. .45 Combat

.45 Combat

Can you tell me for what model. I use them on my G-17 large dots. I like them. I used them on my G-23. They are a business sight system. Go for it, just practice. They are great on a G-19 or 23, let alone a G-26 or 27. No regrets.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010

3. cangler

cangler Republican!!

it would be for a g19... im wondering how the std compare to the big... at least for accuracy.
    and im not sure what +0 or +1 means..

4. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

I have them on all my carry guns except my G-19, it came with Trijicons from the factory, but I may still put Big-Dots on it, I love them, great combat sights. Type in XS sights on YOUTUBE and watch James Yeager shoot at one hundred yards with a G-19 and Big-Dots.

5. cangler

cangler Republican!!

yeah i watch that earlier, impressive no doubt.
    they call them "combat sights" not target sights... and im a bit confused because they obviously work well with target shooting too..lol

how does the accuracy compare between the trijicon's and the big dots?

6. DLL9mm

DLL9mm

Get the Big Dots. I have them on my G19 and they are great. Easy to install also.

7. Edmo01

Edmo01

I put the BIG DOT on my G23 and like how quick my eye picks up that "golf ball" sitting on the end of my pistol. They point great for me.

Do not expect fine grade target sights built for long range target shooting. I know their video shows the guy hitting steel at longer and longer ranges, but he is a pretty good shot and obviously somewhat practiced. If you want a sight for 50 yard target shooting, I would not suggest the BIG DOT. Likewise, sights I would purchase for a 50 yard target pistol are sights I would not want on a self defense gun.

However, for my self defensive pistol at self defense ranges they are perfect. If I ever have to use my G23 for self defense, these sights are quick to get on target... Both day and night. Realistically, as a civilian if I shot at someone much past 25 yards in "self defense" it could be a challenge to prove I was justified and didn't have an avenue of escape. At 50+ yards, I should be questioned as to why I brought a pistol to a rifle fight!

Edmo

8. PBRLite

PBRLite

I would go with the Big Dots. The +0 are for 9mm, .357 sig, and .40. The +1 are for .45 and 10mm.

I think the only exception to this though is the G36.....I think it may call for the +0, but not 100% certain.

I have them on a few of my glocks, and I also have Mepros. I prefer the XS for my carry guns.

9. TRX450R_Racer

TRX450R_Racer Punisher

They are great!! Get the big dot. www.Natchezss.com has them on sale for $84.95.

10. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Looks like $89.99

11. Dave T

Dave T

My first point would be that people seem to either lover XS Sights or hate them. Kind of like Glocks. The only way to make a fair judgement is to try them, then make up your own mind.

My second comment is that I have XS Sights on all my Glocks and a few 1911s as well so I'm speaking from personal experience. Don't sell the Standard Dot short. I have them on a G20T and it is still fast on closer shots and "seem" a little more precise or exact on the longer shots (25-50 yards). The 24/7 Standard Dot is still faster for close range work than the sights giving the traditional sight picture.

Dave

PS: Remembered I had these pictures in Photobucket so this might be of interest. First shot is of Standard 24/7s on the G20T while the second picture is of BDs on a G21SF.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  12. huntingbuddy

huntingbuddy

No, I own a G-36 and it took the +1 also. Thanks for the tip on Natchez, I need a set for my new G-30SF :)

13. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill

I gave the XS Big Dots a good try on a G26 and G17 - they simply did not work for me. I replaced them with Warren Tactical Night Sights (3-lamp) and cannot believe the incredible difference. The Warrens are faster and more accurate at all pistol ranges - excellent day and low-light.

14. BillR

BillR Senior Member

Agreed x1000
    There seems to be quite a few sets on the sale forums lately; it seems alot of people are getting rid of them as we did.:whistling:

15. coal

coal

Agreed. I thought a bit about them. Seems like a great concept for close up. In the end, I decided that I point shoot and/or "muzzle aim" very well <7yrds, so why bother.

16. O'DubhGhaill

O'DubhGhaill

The overall manufacture quality of the Warrens is far better than XS sights as well.

17. Soothsayr

Soothsayr

Go with the big dots. Great SD/CQ sight, easy to acquire, even in very low light situations. Not going to be your best choice for target shooting, but thats not what they are designed for. I love them on my G30. Easy installation too - too me about 15 min with the enclosed tools.

18. cangler

cangler Republican!!

I'm really looking more for the target practice aspect of it, but if I ever have to use it in the self defense purpose, expect that it would be more than adequate for that as well. Everybody has their opinion, and it's tough to filter though what I get when one person praises particular sights and then somebody else claims they didn't work for um. lol... hopefully whatever I decide to go with, they will be my last.

I just got my new glock 19 RTF today, so I need to make a decision.

19. GOA Guy

GOA Guy

I put a set of big dots on a 17....just had to try them out. With practice they can be used successfully at longer ranges however, the time it takes to make an accurate long shot is excessive. For me, at the distances where they really shine, I can do just about as well just looking over the slide. I haven't bought anymore....the plastic sights do just as well in good light conditions / range use and I'll stick with Trijicons for general defense use. YMMV

20. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Another fan of the big dot 24/7 sights here. Have them on my EDC G27.