Glock 17 XS Sights for G17 OR 34??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by =ChromeGlock=, Apr 28, 2005.

Tags:
  1. =ChromeGlock=

=ChromeGlock=

I was wondering if anyone on here had XS big dot Sights for the G17 or 34. If you do, do you like them? Are they fast? Do you prefer them over traditional 3-dot sights?

2. striderglock

striderglock HVACR

Putting them on a 34 is counterproductive. 34's advantage is sight radius for accuracy, with a huge friggin dot at the end you're wasting that advantage.

Had a set of Ashleys, sold them. If you're set on these atleast get the standard dot. The big dot was so big it covered up the target at 21ft. They claim the big dot is fast, but up close you're point shooting anyway. I want to be able to make accurate hits beyond contact distance. They sure are proud of them too.

I've tried Meps, Trijicon, Ameriglo, XS 24/7(Ashely outdoors), PT and Heinie Straight Eights. I stick with Meps, excellent quality, excellent warranty and they're cheaper than the rest.

3. vafish

vafish

I have the XS Big Dots on my G36 and my Beretta Tomcat. I like them.

But I don't think I'd put them on a 17 or a 34. If I had eiter of those guns they would be mostly range and competition guns.

4. Hatton7

Hatton7 GLOCK FAN

I have the standard size XS 24/7 dots on my 26 a love them. They do what they are designed for close shooting less than 15 yards. The 26 is a carry pistol so they are great but on my 34 i putting some race cut heinies.

5. RobertD.

RobertD.

They suck for anything past 15 yds as previously mentioned. For a CCW pistol they're IMHO the best for quick shooting.

Flip.

6. Rob72

Rob72

"Cover with dot, kill under the dot", pretty simple. They are not target sights, and certainly aren't billed as such. For a bit more precision, as above, go with the "standard dot". For me, because of the grip angle on Glock, XS is my preference for speedy alignment. On my P7, 3 dots work fine (for me).

7. vafish

vafish

I have no problems keeping all my shots on a B27 at 50 yards using XS Big Dot sights on my G36.

With the Beretta Tomcat I can only get half that distance.

With standard sights I can shoot smaller groups at those distances.