close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XS Sight Systems

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by fsqridah, Jan 27, 2010.

1. fsqridah

fsqridah

First off, this is not a night sight debate. I use the XS Big Dots on my Glocks and I always have, but that's your choice. Anyway, before ordering a set for my G33, I called them to ask about the production dates to make sure I got fresh tritium (my G29's are from '03 and are dim, I bought them for a discounted price at a local gun store). Instead of getting the crappy automated service that's so common nowadays, the phone was picked up by a person after the second ring and I told him my concerns about getting fresh tritium. His exact words were, "Well, we sell so many sights for Glocks that we have to do a batch every two to three months to keep them stocked. So when you order a set from us, you're getting sights that are no older than 2-3 months." I remember a GT user that said he ordered some from their website and received sights that were several years old. I told the XS rep about this and he said that something like that should never, ever happen, and if it does, they'll send you another set. Anyway, just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone that's looking to purchase the XS Big Dots anytime soon. Just order it from their website, and you'll get it 3-4 days later on your doorstep (they use FedEx). Don't try to save a couple of dollars by ordering it elsewhere. Just spend the $120.00 plus $8.00 for shipping and you'll get fresh sights. I ordered mine less than two weeks ago, and the tritium vials are very bright. The rear sight says "09" and the front sight says "10". So the rear sight is only a couple of months old at worst, and the front sight was made in the last month.

2. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

XS customer service is the best in the business.
    I own at least 12 sets of the Big Dots.
    It is the only sight I'll put on a self-defense gun.

3. JohnTz

JohnTz

+1

I love these sights and the guys at XS will always take care of you.

4. Wickersham

Wickersham

CS is good.

Quality control sucks. Make sure your rear vial works or is not crooked before install. I speak from experience.