close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XS Big Dot Tritium color

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by 04LS1GTO, Feb 11, 2010.

1. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

I just ordered up some XS big dots for a very good price ($101.93 with 2 day shipping) and I am very excited to get them and install them. One thing that I couldn't seem to find anywhere is what color the tritium viles are.

I have never installed XS sights, but if the installation is the same as regular night sights then I dont think I'll have a problem. My question is has anyone ever had a problem with the rear sight falling off or breaking the tritium vile? I heard from one guy he said the recoil of his glock caused the vile to break, but I don't believe that for a second.

I know that the sight picture from close range to 15 yards is just supposed to be the dot covering the target. Anything past that should be the top of the dot on the target. Is this correct?

2. Boxerglocker

Boxerglocker Jacks #1 Fan

Answered above in Green

3. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

Thanks for the info! For a while I was happy with my factory rear with Triji front sight, but somehow my rear got a good nick in the corner and it motivated me to get fully metal sights.

Are the front and rears both green?

4. texas 48

texas 48 Gold Member

The vile on mine broke within 3 months. I had it over a year callled them up and they sent replacement rea sight the same day by Fedex. All to do was send my old rear back to them in a preposted envelope. Good customer service.

I have replaced all my sights with Heine strait 8 sights if you want the vertical lineup. Great for day or night shooting. Can get in several configurations. I will not buy any other night sight. 10 year trijicon viles for illumination and great post set up. Durable excellent sights and can get them from Brownells for 109.00 plus shipping. Brownell customer service is the best. Can also get them direct from Heine Specialty products but more expensive. Check out their web site http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24365/Product/SEMI_AUTO_SLANTPRO_reg__STRAIGHT_EIGHT_NIGHT_SIGHTS

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  5. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

Thanks T48. I have heard from some people about the viles breaking and others I have heard about them lasting as long as any other sight. I guess I'll find out soon enough. I have heard good things about their customer service though.

6. Glock+2

Glock+2

...follow the install instructions and you will have no problems:wavey:

XS Big Dots are great sights, both day & night

7. 04LS1GTO

04LS1GTO

Im starting to think that I should have bought the non 24/7 sights. That way I don't have to worry about the tritium. Oh well.