close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XS Big Dot Sights on a Glock 27?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by kraigster414, Jun 24, 2007.

1. kraigster414

kraigster414

Anybody have these installed on your Glock subcompact? If so, how do you like? I am thinking it might be just the ticket on my G27 for these old eyes of mine. Concerned though about the short sight radius on the subcompacts and how it will work. Thanks.

2. klt1986

klt1986

Well, I have the XS Standard 24/7's on my 23, which is not much bigger than your 27. IMO they would be an excellent choice for what the 27 was designed for.:thumbsup:

3. vafish

vafish

I have the Big Dots on my G36.

Very quick to acquire, but shooting precisely takes a lot of practice.

I think the Big Dots are made for an up close and personal gun like the G27.

But some folks don't like them.

4. NoloContendere

NoloContendere OAF Lawyer

I have them on my 17. I really like them! I have the trijicon nightsites on my 27, but thinking about putting the XS sites on it.

5. hanknglock

hanknglock

the problem with XS dot is the verticle stringing try pro sights they are much better

6. kraigster414

kraigster414

I have no idea what "pro sights" you are talking about. And whatever they are, why are they better? I ain't a mind reader amigo. ;) Thanks.

7. hanknglock

hanknglock

http://www.prosights.com/

the picture is of the square notch but they also have v notch i have them on my glock they are much more accurate and have won several competitions unlike the XS dots

see you are also too lazy to search "pro sight" so i did it for you friend this is america where we speak english :banana: :rofl: :banana:

8. kraigster414

kraigster414

Not lazy at all, if anything when it comes to gun research. I did do a Google search and came to the same website. But where/how do you order? All I see is an email address to write for information (?). At least tell me in your humble opinion, why they are so much better. Thanks.

9. klt1986

klt1986

Maybe you have problems with vertical stringing but others do not. When I do my part, the bullet hits where I aim with the XS sights.

10. kraigster414

kraigster414

11. hanknglock

hanknglock

the XS sights the rear sight is too shallow a V to work well the pro sight has a more upright v which allows a more precise shot and is faster than the square notch sights, they are proven winners in competiton. The XS sights have never won anything, they are great up close but not so well at distance. The Pro Sights seem to the best of both worlds. I'll try to post a pic of mine on the Glock.

[​IMG]

the rear sight on the left is the V sight

12. carbofan21

carbofan21

i had the 24/7 big dot sights on my g27, and i honestly did my best to make them work for me. needless to say, they did not

i then tried the heinie tritium with cgr racecut, and these are the only sights i'll use in the future. i've also tried trijicons and meprolights, and prefer the heinies with race cut (wider notch in rear)

the heinies are about the same price as the xs sights

https://www.heinie.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=90&osCsid=bf7f015ffa2bafecd07982e1312da913

#318GRC Glock SlantPro Straight Eight Night Sight Race Cut
    $125.00

13. glockawakka

glockawakka

I like the big dot setup. never found them to be a problem. Don't care if they won competitions or not. I like em.

Only found them to be a problem with stuff @ 100yds. For that I prefer square notch and post.

14. kraigster414

kraigster414

+1. I am not concerned about competition either especially with a Glock 27 LOL. I am concerned about rapid sight "pick up" at typical combat ranges out to 7-10 yards for these aging baby boomer eyes of mine. And I don't care for fiber optic sights on a carry weapon. Just my personal bias. I think the XS Big Dots will serve my needs quite well.

15. perklo

perklo

It kinda depends on what your G27 is for. If it's self defense, I'd lean to the XS Tritium over most anything else, with Ameriglo's second.

But instead of the Big Dot, I'd go with the Standard Dot style:

[​IMG]

Much more accurate at the 7 to 15 yards ranges. And if you take a longer shot than that in a street shooting, call your lawyer - before the cops!!

Call XS at their tollfree number business days, and ask a tech if they have different height REAR sights for glocks - and which they'd recommend for the G27. All the fronts are the same height.

XS - 1-888-744-4880

Ameriglo sights are priced right and available in 5 heights in the rear sight for Glocks

Ameriglo - 770-390-0554

My 2 cents - perklo

16. kraigster414

kraigster414

Very helpful information, thank you. I was toying with the idea of getting the standard front dot instead of the Big Dot front. Some say, yes, some say no. I will call Ameriglo tomorrow and get their take. By the way, my G27 does double duty as a .357 SIG, don't know if that matters. Absolutely agree that beyond the up front and personal range, you should be running, not shooting. :) As for the Ameriglo being your second choice, which model do you recommend? I really do appreciate.

17. perklo

perklo

I'd just get the standard green 3 dot tritium in the Ameriglo sights. I would call them and ask their opinion of the five rear heights, (really four, the fifth height is super tall for use on a suppressed pistol!).

http://ameriglo.com/

And I've mixed and matched brands before too. My daughter's G26 has a Tritium XS Standard Dot front and either the Ameriglo tritium rear in .272" or .287" height. I can't remember which...

perklo

18. kraigster414

kraigster414

19. kraigster414

kraigster414

I called XS this morning and we talked for some time. The tech said for my needs and gun (a G27) to definitely go with the Big Dot front vs. the standard dot. So that's what I am getting.

Someone mentioned the Heinie Slant Pro Straight 8 (Race Cut) earlier. I have them on my G23. They are very good but I am looking for something even faster to go on my G27, keeping in mind long distance shooting and pinpoint accuracy is not a requirement.

By the way, I have Warren Tacticals on my G27 now. If the XS Big Dot work well, the Warren will be for sale. Less than a year old. 3 Tritium dot model (2 on the rear, one on the front). Message me if you want to get first consideration. Outstanding sights as everyone knows and if my eyes were 10-years younger they wouldn't be going anywhere.