close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XS 24/7 Big Dots rear sight

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by moncoacp, Mar 21, 2010.

1. moncoacp

moncoacp

I have these installed on my G26 and for the most part really like them. However, I also own the S&W 327 Nightguard with XS 24/7® standard dot tritium front night sights and Cylinder & Slide Extreme Duty fixed u-notch rear sights.

I really like these rear sights as they frame the dot perfectly. Much easier than "dotting the I" on my Glock sights. The Cylinder and Slide web site does not list the rear sight as being available for anything other than S&W revolvers. Does anyone know of a rear sight that would work the same with my Big Dots front sight on my Glock 26?

2. abedwards1978

abedwards1978

3. moncoacp

moncoacp

Well that was easy.

4. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

Thread here about Duane Thomas using Novak rear half ghost with a big dot.
    I read the article mentioned and it seems like a sweet setup, giving both speed AND a bit more precision at distance.

5. moncoacp

moncoacp

Thanks, I saw that thread and ordered the Novak rear. Was installed last week. Looks like it will work well, but haven't been to the range yet.

6. drdriller

drdriller

which Novak rear site did you order?

7. moncoacp

moncoacp

Ordered this one from their site: <table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top">[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][/FONT] </td> <td colspan="2" align="left" valign="top"> [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Glock Ghost Plain Black Rear
    Code: DCR19GSg
    [/SIZE][/FONT]</td></tr></tbody></table>

8. drdriller

drdriller

Thanks for the part number. How did you install the novak rear site? Did you install it the same as you would the xs big dot, with the locktite?

Also, did you buy the xs big dot front and rear set, and just discard the rear big dot site?

Finally, did you have to do anything special to get it sighted in?

Sorry for all the questions. I really like the idea of this set up, but have never installed any sites on my gun. I want to make sure I have everything staright before I order it.

9. moncoacp

moncoacp

I have the rear sight from XS in a little bag in case I want to go back to it. I had the original setup for about 6 months before installing the Novak.

I did not install the sight. I am not allowed to own tools without a background check and a permit. Gunshop did it for me and sighted it in. I believe he told he used loctite. Have not tried it yet between weather and an illness.

10. blueroot

blueroot

I put an Ameriglo ghost ring rear on with my Big Dot front just to play around with different setups. When I first put it on I thought I would hate it in use, but that wasn't the case when I got to the range. With the nice bright white Big Dot and the full ghost ring, I can tell if I'm near on target without even really looking at the sites. Rapid fire was easier than I thought because of that. If I can see a full white circle peripherally, it's lined up. If not, it isn't.

Attached Files: