XML/XSL help requested

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jtm62, Feb 13, 2010.

1. jtm62

jtm62 CLM

All, I am finishing up a project I was working on and for the sake of easy navigation I would like to create Anchors for the header elements. Easy to do in HTML... not so much in an XSL style sheet.

What I am doing is embedding an Organizations Bylaws into an existing webpage using javascript. The entire Bylaws div element is generated based on the XSL style sheet. Does anyone know how to create an anchor in an XSL sheet that works?

<a name="<xsl:value-of select=\"a_title\"/>"></a>

Above is my attempt... it failed. Here is the link to the page: http://jtmccauleyonline.com/jtmccauleyonline/Bylaws/Bylaws.html

Crafty individuals will be able to see all the source code if they wish... If you need to see specific parts just let me know.

Thanks,

Josh

2. moncoacp

moncoacp

I can't help with your problem, but esthetically I would lose the background. Very difficult to read the text with that busy background. Maybe a lighter color if you want the parchment effect.

3. jtm62

jtm62 CLM

I thought the background was to busy as well. I have a few lighter parchment options to pick from as well. Everyone else was saying it was easy to read, so I left it alone. When it comes to stuff like this one dissenting opinion is enough to require change.

My other choices are beige and light bluish, so I'll work up the new design tomorrow. Thanks for the input, I was hoping someone would say it was to busy.

4. jtm62

jtm62 CLM

Background has been reset to something more pleasent.

5. moncoacp

moncoacp

Much easier to read.