XFL team names and logos

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Boo Berry, Aug 21, 2019.

1. CAcop

CAcop

I'm thinking he is hoping he can get a few loyal team bases then sell it to the NFL as an expansion. Gets in the NFL, sell off teams at a profit.

2. cyberghostx13

cyberghostx13 USMC "The Few The Proud"

Well I'll give the new league a watch but it will have to be when there isn't MLB playoffs and World Series. The NFL does need like a AAA League like baseball, so we'll see. I don't watch Canadian Football. I can't wait for the NFL to start, my Chicago Bears open the NFL season on September 5th playing their arch rivals the Green Bay Packers, to celebrate and commemorate the NFL's 100th Season.

My dad has passed, but when I watch the Bears play I remember him and how he loved his Chicago Bears. I'm not gonna stop watching them because of Colin KrapperNeck who has pretty much disappeared from the news. In October the Bears will play my other favorite team "Da Radazz" in London. DA BEARS!!!

Jade Falcon likes this.

3. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

Never. Rumors are he was screwing one of the offensive linemen’s gf; got busted, then started up with another o-lineman’s gf. The team turned on him and a bad locker room guy that stuff gets around.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  4. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Minor league professional baseball has become pretty popular over the last 10 years or so. No reason why a minor league football organization couldn't make inroads and be successful if done right. Arena football has been around for 25 years. I suppose college football is considered minor league but there is a lot of talent floating around that doesn't get picked up by the NFL or the Canadian Football League. The XFL could be a platform for those players.

cyberghostx13 likes this.
  5. cyberghostx13

I agree with you totally, the NFL needs a "Bonifide" Triple A League. Wasn't it Kurt Warner who was laying carpet for a living, that played for one of those leagues now defunct? I hope it works, their new league but some of those names, geez! Guardians??? Defenders??? BORING! LAME! Give me names with PIZAZZ like DRAGONS and VIPERS. Anyway, I will watch the new league if certain games fit into my sports watching schedule. Maybe I'll root for those Tampa Bay VIPERS. Sayonara.

6. cyberghostx13

No way. Krapperneck is way to arrogant, he feels anything but the NFL is beneath him. The "Collusion" Lawsuit was settled and now it's a done deal with da Krap gettin' like what, $20,000,000? So now he's a few years older, rusty as heck, bigtime lazy, and still he and some media types think he can somehow weasel his way into the NFL. Hey STOOPID, the "Collusion Suit" was settled and the NFL doesn't have to do sh** with your sorry a**! Sayonara.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  7. Jade Falcon

Jade Falcon WTF EREN?!

If the XFL can play in small arenas, then they might make it. The reason why the AFL keeps folding every few years is that the arenas are too expensive to play in. We actually had an AFL team in Portland a while back that went through two team names and two owners in two years before they folded completely. The biggest reason was the cost of playing at the Moda Center for games. Their merchandise and ticket sales just couldn't cut it.

8. cyberghostx13

Well I don't know what the answer is but ya gotta put people in the seats. I also think they need to stick with a game format that fits close to the NFL like a AAA Team in baseball. I don't know when their season is but I assume it won't be competeing with the NFL. Sayonara.

Jade Falcon likes this.
  9. ray9898

ray9898

I bet they can't make payroll before the end of the season.

10. Ordell Robbie

Ordell Robbie Giant Member

11. G26-Has-my-6

G26-Has-my-6

I'd like to see a league go completely anti-SJW with names like:

The Atlanta Cotton Pickers
    The Wisconsin Cheese Heads
    The Michigan Yoopers
    The North Dakota Savages (and have the players enter the field holding small toupees as scalps)
    The Chicago Gangstas

Bus007, cyberghostx13 and Jade Falcon like this.
  12. railfancwb

railfancwb

If he does wonder if he will give back any of the settlement he received?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

Kurt Warner played in the Arena Football League. The AFL is still around but has cut back on the amount of teams it has.

The other thing determining success of the XFL is the TV contract they get. If they can get enough of a following on TV, sponsors will support them. I don't watch much commercial TV but I've noticed recently that there is a 3 on 3 Pro Basketball league called Big 3 on TV now. Lots of former NBA players in it. I noticed it while looking for golf. Crowds in the stands aren't big but it has a TV contract.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
    Jade Falcon and cyberghostx13 like this.
  14. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

I heard on the radio that the Tampa team is going to be named the "Vipers". How stupid. They should have named them the "Sharks".

15. cyberghostx13

Well I think Vipers is a great name for a sports team, better than names like Browns, Padres(Fathers) and Senators, geez! Maybe the Tampa Bay (Burmese) Pythons might be more appropriate. Sayonara.

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  16. Hannie Caulder

Hannie Caulder Diva extraordinaire

Tampa Hammerheads would have been a great name.

17. The_Dan

The_Dan The underscore is silent

The not so secret to success for an alternative football league is:

A) don’t compete with the NFL... play on the off season, stay away from Sundays, keep the messaging clear that the XFL (or whatever) is a compliment not a competitor to the mega NFL.

B) don’t suffer the same self inflicted wounds the NFL continues to suffer from... control salaries, treat the players well (insurance and benefits), keep the rules consistent and traditional, stay away from opportunities to protest or make it about anything but the entertainment of fans.

C) this is the hard one...prepare for a money hemorrhaging first couple of seasons. Lots of up front costs and expenses that you will not get back. Tickets have to be cheap for the fans to see the games in person and you have to get games on TV and live streamed for free consumption...and not on whatever hidden network the AAF was on, people couldn’t even find the games to watch. It will cost a fortune...but you gotta get it in front of viewers.

It probably will cost 500 mil to get through 2 years and it’s still a 50/50 shot. There is a power vacuum after the SuperBowl and an appetite for football... if the season starts right then and the product on the field is better than college football, and they can stay away from things that drive fans away (poor officiating, protests, inability to see the games, too much wrasslin’ type drama) they have a shot to capture an audience. The AAF never did that, they blew the TV part and the product on the field wasn’t good enough. The USFL did it for a while, but then tried to take on the NFL and we all know how that ended. We shall see how the XFL2 does...if the games are easy to find on TV I will watch and see how it goes.

cyberghostx13 and Jade Falcon like this.