close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XFit Total---DBD

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by California Jack, Dec 11, 2006.

1. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Brad,

Are you going to participate this time?

Seems like this WoD may occur regularily. Have you thought about trying it with sub-maximal loads just to get back into the maxing out grove?

Jack

2. DBradD

DBradD

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to start a thread entitled "Proof that CF WoD are randomly selected."

I'll have to think it over and might try submaximal loads as you suggest. I'm terrified of damaging a back stabilizer and setting myself back a couple of weeks like I did before. Everything else is going so well. Decisions, decisions.

3. DBradD

DBradD

Well, it looks like shoulder bursitis is my excuse this time. No way I can do push press. I started trying to GTG pullups the day before yesterday and my right shoulder started hurting just like it did years ago. The doctor said it was bursitis back then and it fits the descriptions now. Yesterday, it felt fine after the CFWU and during pullups, then was popping and snapping afterward and this morning.

No biggie. I'm coming up on two months and was thinking of taking a week off anyway as a celebration of making it this long. I might just take a week off of upper body stuff and do a lot of running and, squats, and deadlifts because those muscles and joints feel fine.

4. California Jack

This Xfit stuff might just suck. This was very disappointing and uninspiring. I'm in my third week of Crossfit, so I was excited to do my first repeat work out. I really wasn't expecting great results this quickly, however I didn't expect this at all. My Crossfit Total went down 45 pounds. This first time I totaled 900. Today I only got 855. It scares me to think where I'll be in a years time.

I guess when I said I had nowhere to go but up, I was wrong.

5. DBradD

DBradD

Hang in there dude.

I personally thought it ludicrous to have the total again that soon--AS IF anybody would have max weight progress that soon! Perhaps the last few WoD beat up those specific muscles worse than the ones right before the last total. A bunch of 400m runs will do that to a guy if he's not used to running.

There's also the issue of cumulative damage from 3 weeks of WoD, most of which are not arranged to allow full recovery for guys like me and you--aka beginners.

I'm a bit demoralized at the moment too, dropping any shoulder-related stuff for the time being, probably about a week. Shoulder is popping and snapping quite a bit.

Replaced the WoD with ME 7 sets of 3 squats. Creeping the weight up very slowly. I try really hard not to think about how much weaker I am now than in years past.

6. California Jack

Yeah, that and there wasn't anything I could see that would help gain strength in any of those lifts except possibly the day we did Hang Squat Cleans. I don't clean enough for it to help my DL or BS.

Thanks for the encouragement though.

Looks like you could do tomorrows WoD w/o shoulder problems.

7. DBradD

DBradD

Yeah, that's gonna be a bear.

Looking forward to it, MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

8. DBradD

DBradD