Glock Talk banner

XDS experience

765 Views 15 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  bac1023
I have decided to get something smaller than what I currently own to carry. I really like the xds and have read many good things online about it. several months ago I rented a xds 3.3 45. I like the gun but it had several failures to feed in the 50 or so rounds I put in it. I chalked it up to the gun being dirty or worn out. so today I decided to give the gun a second chance. the same range i rented the gun from before was have a springfield event today. so I was waiting to try the xds again the lady ahead of me was shooting a mod 2 it failed several times, so the range officer switch her to the xds same thing happened again. she left and the range officer put so lube on the xds and gave it to me. i shot 20 rounds four mags with five rounds each. it failed on three of the four mags. the second round would not feed then it would feed then jam again.
so my question is this was the gun just to dirty to run or is this a common problem? it was a nice gun but thats just terrible reliability. thanks for the help. yes the gun did look dirty and I'm sure had been fired a good bit today.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really wanted to talk to the Springfield rep about the issue,but they were always talking to other people. It surprised me that they did not bring the guns with them for the event today. I would think they would want to make sure everything was perfect. I did get a chance to shoot a TRP and and range officer compact both were very good.

· Registered
13,852 Posts
Got about 800 rounds through my 3.3 XDs 45. No malfunctions right out of the box, or since it returned after the recall.

I have had some problems with the grip filler on the 7 round magazines, shifting after being carried awhile and causing difficult insertion. No problems with the 5 round magazines. And the grip safety is a little tough to push. Love the sights.

· Registered
13,852 Posts
My 7 round mags feed OK. It's just when the grip filler shifts up a little, you have to give an extra push to get the mag to lock in place. Then everything is OK.

I carry with the 5 round mag in place topped off. But I like to carry a 7 round mag for a spare. So I take the grip filler off. I've tried to 'over insert' it, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. For range work I use the grip filler.

· Premium Member
22,879 Posts
My 7 round mags feed OK. It's just when the grip filler shifts up a little, you have to give an extra push to get the mag to lock in place. Then everything is OK.

I carry with the 5 round mag in place topped off. But I like to carry a 7 round mag for a spare. So I take the grip filler off. I've tried to 'over insert' it, but that doesn't seem to be a problem. For range work I use the grip filler.
Yeah, I'd like to see them redesign that such that the "grip filler" stays in place, like on the Nano.

· Registered
3,497 Posts
I have the 9mm and 45acp, both have cycled all kinds of ammo without one problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.