XDm question/problem

Discussion in 'The XD Club' started by 40 Cal Joe, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 40 Cal Joe

40 Cal Joe

Wife bought a XDm 9mm (4.5") barrel last weekend. Has been shooting a Glock 23. 200 rounds later, the pistol has failed to lock the slide back after the last round. She said this is happening about every 3rd mag.

I have not shot the thing yet as I am recovering from a cracked tailbone and been laid up. Could this be a mag problem? All ammo is PMC 115 grain?

Have not seen this in my Glocks or 1911's. Appreciate the help as I drift on a nice perc cloud.:cool:

2. deathpriest

deathpriest

I have an XDM40. First 100 rounds or so I experienced some FTF and FTE, nothisng on the next 200.
    I would mark the mags and see if the issue follows the mag. On a MK40 I have, a broken follower was causing what you describe..

Blessings

3. DYLANB80

DYLANB80

Some people seem to bump or ride the slide lock lever. I 've never had that problem , but have read some do. Just something to think about, it may or may not be an issue.

4. 40 Cal Joe

40 Cal Joe

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated am passing on to her. Hope get out and shoot in a few weeks.

5. BadAndy

BadAndy

That was my problem when I took my 9sc out the first couple of times. Adjusted my grip and now it's not an issue :)