Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which should I go with? I have an XD45 and love it. I thought I might go with a 17 to keep my collection diverse. It would be my first Glock. What's your experience?

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I love both Glocks & XD's. My advice is to wait until SA has converted to using Melanite on the entire XD line and then get an XD9. If you are not willing to wait for that, then go for the Glock. But remember, always feel it before you fork over the money. If the Glock doesn't feel right or point right for you, then stick to the XD's.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Everyone should own at least one Glock. Go for the G-17!

·
Registered
434 Posts
both are fine weapons. keep in mind Glock's grip angle is not like XD's, so the two will feel different, point different.

not a bad thing, just one to be aware of.

·
Nibb
4,183 Posts
I love my G-19, and I love my XD .45 Tac, last week, I fired a G-17C,
loved it, too, DAMN, now I must have a 17, probly not the comp one, just the normal, regular G-17.

imout

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ive got both. Fine weapons. G17 is the topper though. Its about as bullet proof as it comes. Ive had a couple of hiccups from the XD like failing to lock back after the last round, other than that shes behaves well. The finish on mine was also sub par in my opinion. I think SA is correcting that on the newer models. Besided the G17 is the corner stone of all glocks, the first of glocks made. So you gotta have one !

Check em out. I dont think you can go wrong with the 17.:beer:

·
Banned
198 Posts
<------

Even in the xd forum, GLOCK comes out on top !!!! :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts