XD owner buys a glock!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by JurisMyDiction, Dec 29, 2009.

1. JurisMyDiction

JurisMyDiction

what's up guys? coudn't find an introductions forum so i'm just going to post here. I'm an XD owner (have had 3 of them) and decided i wanted to start shooting IDPA, to avoid having to shoot in ESP class i decided i needed either an M&P 9 or a glock 17... well i'm here 'aint i?!?!? from what i hear this forum is the holy grail of knowledge for Glock information so i look forward to learning a lot from you guys!

plans are:
    -Trigger job
    -Skateboard tape
    -Sights (probably slant pro's, maybe XS's, or maybe even something all black with a thin front post)

2. Larry V

Larry V

Welcome and enjoy!!!!

3. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

4. voyager4520

voyager4520

Welcome and congrats! Be careful with the trigger job if you're smoothing any metal surfaces. The aim is to smooth the surface of the metal, not to remove metal. It's very easy to be too aggressive with it.

5. therealtwitch

therealtwitch

i would avoid xs for competition. I have them on all my carry guns but for competition I would go with the slant pro's. as for trigger jobs, you will love the glock. they are extremely easy to work on and user friendly.

6. arclight610

arclight610

I own a g19, however I can't help but admire my dad's XD9 everytime I pick it up. The slide racks smoother than the glock, the grip points more naturally, the stock sights are better, and the trigger pull is lighter. However for some reason I can't explain, I love my g19. Also I remember once a long time ago, the XD9 had a stovepipe, while my g19 has never hiccupped even once. Glock is winning in terms of reliability :p. Welcome and congrats on your purchase

7. jhayesvw

jhayesvw

i shoot IDPA with my Glock 19 (compact).
    here are my recommendations for modifications to make the gun
    more competitive.

1. good sights. all black wide rear and thin fiber optic front. like dawson, or sevigny. ($80)
    2. factory Glock - connector (lightens trigger) ($17)
    3. extended slide stop lever($17)
    4. extended mag release lever ($3)

these are the mods done to my G19 and its shoots great. I do well with it too.
    i also shoot steel challenge with it and do pretty damn well.

none of the above are required, but they will help speed you up to gain that edge. however, nothing gets you better than more practice!!
    good luck out there and Welcome to GT.

8. firedawg60

firedawg60

:wavey: Welcome. And get ready, these guys know their Glocks. I've learned so much from reading on here and asking a few questions. The only dumb question is the one not asked. They don't care.

9. Deadduck357

Deadduck357

Good.

I have been a Glock fan for hell I cant even remember now, and never really liked XD's until now that the XDm has come out. A week and half ago I picked up my first XDm 3.8 9mm and its one sweet shooting and handling pistol. I have enough room for two favorites.