close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

XD Compact 45 VS Glock G36

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by border bandit32, Feb 3, 2007.

1. border bandit32

border bandit32

Hey dudes, what do you guys think.... I want a good 45 ACP pistol for carry/nightstand duty. I already have the G26 which is an excellent concealed carry weapon, and I like the different capacity mag/grip idea of the XD, is the XD reliable and do the folks in Croatia make a good pistol. ? What has everyone paid for the new XD 45 compact 4" version??

2. legion3

legion3

Well I love mine, I have all three XD 45's and not one failure in lots of rounds, paid $499 + tax for the compact and Service, $475 OTD for the Tactical...

I carry on duty a glock 19 and love it but the Glock 21/30 are just to fat for me...

3. katana8869

katana8869 NativeFloridian

My G36 was the only Glock that I ever had reliability issues with. I had a couple of FTE's when shooting light 185gr loads combined with a looser grip on the gun.

Many here on GT have had simular experiences. The G36 MUST have a good grip to function properly and it is very unforgiving when it is not held just so.

My XD45 Compact on the other hand shoots anything I put in it from any position and any grip that will depress the grip safety (which I happen to like). It is wickedly accurate (in fairness, so was the G36) and easy to shoot.

The XD is not as fat as the G30, but it is still pretty hefty. However, I have no problem carrying it IWB. I carry mine with the 10 round magazine in the gun with a spare 10 rounder in my back pocket next to my wallet. At night it is posted on the nightstand with the 13 round magazine that comes with it in the gun.

I paid about 500 for mine.

4. border bandit32

border bandit32

I have a dealer that will sell the Xd 45ACP compact for $470.00+Tax I guess this is a good deal on a good pistol ?? I think I may get one!!:banana:

5. SBM

SBM

Ive got a XD45 service, and a XD9 sub compact. Will end up with an XD40 as soon as I can find one around here, and God help them if they ever make a XD10 (one can wish)

The prices you are listing are about right. I paid $500 flat for the .45, but I bought it when the XD45 was hard to find, and gaining popularity.

I paid $499 for the XD9, but it came with two standard mags, two XDgear 16rd extended mags, the regular XD gear package AND the XD gear paddle holster. Also, instead of the regular sights, the Heinie ramped night sights.

That said, I have a G22 with Glock nights on it, and I got hosed at the time when I purchased it. After I bought it, I found the same gun, for $100 less, new, at another shop.

I carry at least one daily, just depends on what I feel like that day, or night. I have ordered a set of the Heinies for the .45 and will carry it I am sure more once I get them on.

The XD is indeed a fine gun. Remember its been out a while, just took SA importing them to help with the popularity. They are accurate, you will probably not like the trigger at first if you are used to a Glock or Ruger.
    SA offers a ton of upgrades to them, including the trigger, but I have found if you shoot regular you dont even notice the trigger after about 1000rds with each.

Good luck with whatever you buy.