Xd -9 Vs .glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by norris7430, Apr 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. norris7430

norris7430 GUNAHOLIC

My xd 9 just did nt compare to my glock 19,I really tried to like it ,after about 2000 rnds I sold it .Did anyone have the same issues? Also the finish on the xd9 was really poor,scrathed really easy.

2. Rusty Jr

Rusty Jr

Nope, not the same results. I like the grip angle on the XDs better, sold all my Glocks, including the G19. New XDs have a Melonite treatment (the US EPA-friendly version of Tennifer)and as such the finish holds up much better now.

I think it really comes down to which gun feels the best in your hands and you can shoot the best, for me it's XD9.

3. norris7430

norris7430 GUNAHOLIC

fair enough it does come down to who likes what best.

4. malkore

malkore

exactly. both are great weapons. ergonomics, grip angles, trigger feel...that's what matters and are obviously very opinion oriented.

5. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

i have yet to shoot one, but my only concern is bore axis... something that GLOCK is well known for having a big leg up on. the slide of the XD just looks really tall... other than that, i really have no gripes about them. i'd still rather have "perfection" with a 33 round mag! ymmv

6. malkore

malkore

bore axis...blah blah blah.

if Glock has the only good bore axis why do so many other guns sell so well?

and 33rd mag...while fun....I'd rather put my shots where they count for those CCW times when I can't attach a drum to my gun.

7. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

check out Glock's market share... nuff said

8. malkore

malkore

If Springfield threw guns at every LEO agency in the country, their market share would be big too...
    :upeyes:

9. AJSully421

AJSully421 Armed Citizen

well... until they do... look at Glock's market share...!

10. speedracer211

speedracer211

agreed, departments get a much better price on glocks than xd's. Heck xd's are going for a lot more in my area than a Glock.

11. tjpet

tjpet

In my book:

Glock - Utter simplicity, crappy grip angle. Bore axis, yawn.

XD - Great grip angle, a bit more complicated internally.

Both are accurate, reliable service-grade sidearms. After that it's personal likes & dislikes.

I shoot either one well. But having cut my teeth on the Old Man's 1911 40+ years ago I just can't get a liking for the Glock grip.

IMHO, if the XD had a 20 year headstart over Glock it'd be the biggest cop gun around these days.

12. dickdaney

dickdaney

I bought my XD-40sc about two years ago for ccw, and my wife picked up an XD-9sc. Then I got a G19 and the XD hasn't left the case since. I really liked the XD, but I loved the Glock. My XD has the old finish and it does scuff very easily.

13. khillery

khillery krunchnticker

The bore axis of my heavier .45 XD compact tac is high enough to make the felt recoil and muzzle jump nearly as much as my very light G-36. I like the pointability and the trigger finger position better on the Glock and the trigger sensation [both stock] of the XD. Both can shoot one hole magazine groups at thirty feet.
    The Glock feeds my reloads of all sorts far better. The XD has a narower range but will cycle all factory loads that I have tried. The Glock would take anything but Lawman flying ash trays.
    The XD shoots exactly to point of aim with standard loads and I like the issue sight dimensions. The Glock is unnoticable in a waistband carry which is at the option of the local sherrif.