XD-45 acp...

Discussion in 'The XD Club' started by deputy tom, Apr 28, 2012.

1. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Let's hear about this pistol.4" bbl., short grip frame.13 plus capacity.tom. :dunno:

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

They are fantastic, (once broken in :supergrin:) I have an XD45compact that shots like a dream and dare a Glock first guy say I like it better than the G30 but I do. However, some of thses need a good 250 to 500 round break in, it took me about 250 and it was running great (not all these guns need it or that many rounds to break in) . I also got a SA carry trigger job. I would recommend it to anyone wanting a solid 45. The other great thing is that it comes with the extended mag that is the same size as a full size XD45 so if I wanted I could use the short mag 10+1 for carry and the extended mag 13+1 for back up/range/etc.

:50cal:

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

This is thread also has some good info if you do get having any issues and/or need to break it in. I would not hesitate to get an XD45 some people I know prefer the XD45 5 inch barrel version, it looks uglier/bulkier/boxier but its a good gun. The 4 inch compact version is the one I have.

www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18827732#post18827732

4. slo5r

slo5r New here

I have 7500 flawless rounds through my XD45c. I would recommend it to anyone wanting one.
    I do however have an issue with it and that is I constantly hit the slide stop and in doing so the slide doesn't lock back on the final round.
    I have tried repositioning my thumbs but it just never seems to work for me.
    I also feel it seems a little top heavier than my Glocks.
    I do however trust it completely and it has been on my side many times for the protection of my family.
    And yes it is accurate and shoots well.

5. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

TSA,thanks for the info and link. I just bought the 4" version yesterday and can't wait to shoot it. I also am going to look for a better quality holster. The one that came with it is kind of cheesy but it will have to do until I can locate something I like.tom.:cool:

6. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

slo5r, thanks for the report. I've never experienced hitting the slide stop on any pistol as my hands are on the smaller size.tom.:embarassed:

7. rozz421

rozz421

Love mine, bought it used and it has been flawless for the past 2 years.

8. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Your welcome :wavey:, that holster is ok but not for me for conceal carry, the mag pouches and loader arent bad though. There are many good holster options, if I were picking a good holster, Id look Crossbreed first. The owner of Crossbreed used to run the XD site.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  9. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

TSA, I'm looking to ccw this pistol. I've been an inactive member of that site since 2002. Went over there the other day looking for current info. tom.:embarassed:

10. Glock21USMC

Glock21USMC

I fired the xd 45 last week, I would say I put about 200 rnds through the gun and I have to say i did like it but like some of the other guys have said a little top heavy, another small issue I personally had was the pistol grip angle i prefer the more aggressive grip that glocks have but im sure if I shot the xd just as much it would feel much more natural. Overall I did like the gun.

11. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Yes the grip angle is more like a 1911 which I shoot well. I also like the grip safety.tom.:cool:

12. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Congrats. I had the XD45 Tactical but never warm,ed up to it so I sold it. Mechanically they are well built guns I just never got used to the grip. I would like to get an XD40sc it seems to fit my hand better.

13. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I really like the grip size and shape. I can't grip a Glock .45 correctly.tom.:cool:

14. GMT

GMT GMT224

Like mine, but not as well as my Glocks.

15. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

My G-17 isn't going anywhere soon. I just prefer the feel of the XD vs Glock's .45 offerings.tom.:cool:

16. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Range report... Yesterday my buddy and I ran over a hundred rounds thru the XD without a single malfunction. Ammo was bulk pack UMC 230 gr ball. All rounds hit to POA and nice tight group. Next trip out I'll shoot some hollow points and LSWC reloads and really test for accuracy.So far I like this pistol alot.tom.:supergrin:

17. TN.Frank

TN.Frank "Don't Tread On Me!"

With any luck I'll be joining the XD45 club here in about a hour. Suppose to meet up with a guy and trade my ATI for his XD45 Service model. Then I can see what all of ya'll are talking about.

18. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

Good luck Frank.tom.:wavey:

19. TN.Frank

TN.Frank "Don't Tread On Me!"

Don't know if ya'll saw in the General area but I did pick up the XD45. Put 14 rounds through it the day after I got it to see where it'd hit, shoots POA no malfunctions of any kind. Going to take it out today and put 100 or so rounds through it to get a feel for it.
    I'd like to install a trigger kit at some point. Not sure if I'd go Springer or PRP, Springer is $20 bucks cheaper.
    Also, why do we only have one thread here? Is there just NO Love for the XD here on GlockTalk,LOL.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  20. deputy tom

deputy tom Gringo Viejo

I'm not sure why only one thread exists but I like that example of shooting. How do you like that holster? tom.:dunno: