xbox dead again

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by joker1, Apr 20, 2005.

1. joker1

joker1

I'm about fed up. I've had my xbox a little over two years. I had to replace the dvd last fall and now the hard drive is toast. By the time I get it fixed I could just by another one. I wouldn't even think about it except for all the money I've spent on games. Maybe I'll just hold out for the xbox 2. Oh no, wait. I can't play my old games on that either. :steamed:

2. alex954

alex954

sorry to hear about your xbox
    replace the dvd drive get a bigger HD and while at it install a chip on it
    I hardly use the dvd drive since I copoed my games into the HD
    send me a pm if you want info on how to mod it

3. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

I'll quote myself from the other thread:

"Just don't forget to switch the mod chip off before signing onto XBox Live. If you sign onto Live with a modded XBox, your console is permanently banned from Live."

4. alex954

alex954

yeah and that too
    hahah

5. Black Metal

Black Metal

How much is the new drive? Shouldnt be much over $60 bucks. Dont give up on the box yet. The rumor mill is still churning about the PS3 and xbox360 (Xenon?). The system may be backwards compatible in some way. Sony and microsoft dont want to give the other an advantage. Micorsoft doesn twant to lose customers to Sony and vice versa. The next generation system may take longer to come out than expected. Both companies have promised alot. We will have to wait and see who delivers a better product. Xbox had a lot of goods titles worth atleast renting if not buy. Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Midnight Club 3, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Halo 2, Time Splitters 2, Jade Empire. Evrything is there RPG, stealth, action adventure, racing. I say get the new drive or maybe even a refurbished system and enjoy the new titles.

For something fresh try Oddworld Stranger's Wrath.
    Black Metal

6. Jtemple

Jtemple Geek

So far, all information points toward XBox 360 not being backward compatible with the XBox. I certainly hope that's not true. I'd like to get rid of my XBox and replace it with the new one, if I can continue playing my old games.

7. ngray

ngray

never say die!

it might be backwards compatible:
    http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=22839

either way, I traded mine in on a PSP, I figured I was gonna get rid of it when XBox360 came out anyway, and I may as well get the best trade in value now!