X200b and the Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Drew78, Jun 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Drew78

Drew78

I am looking for feedback from any members who have the Surefire x200b light on their G19. I want to know if you have had any failures since you attached the light. I looked at getting one of these for my G23 some time ago and heard there were a number of failures/cycling problems due to the ammt of frame flex from the recoil of the .40 cailber. I know the fix was to install an mag spring with an 11 coil for the G22. Have there been the same problems with the G19???

If you have this setup, how has it worked for you and how many rounds have you put thru the G19 WITH the light attached. Looking for failure rates here....

Thanks in advance!!!

-Drew

2. lastevolution

lastevolution "Senior" Member

FWIW, the only models with a light rail problem are the .40 models.

The 9mm runs just fine.

3. RayB

RayB Retired Member

Expect no problems on G17, G19 & G21...

--Ray

4. AfterDark

AfterDark

what about for 45 gap? G37? Thanks Ray for the info on the 17,19, and 21.

5. jeremy stanke

jeremy stanke

Ray, which one between the B and the A model is brighter? i saw your pic. that showed the difference between them but are they both as bright? i mean will the B one blind you as much as the A model? thanks

6. RayB

RayB Retired Member

In a word, yes. The point source of both the 3-watt LED in the X200A, and the 5-watt LED in the X200B, are virtually impossible to look at!

The B's 2-watts higher output, and much wider cone of light, puts more light in more places, so the blind-zone is wider than the A's.

The X200A's projector beam throws a much narrower cone of light, but at a greater distance than the X200B effectively reaches. Its blind-zone is narrower, but further reaching.

For outdoor work, the X200A would be an excellent augment to a powerful hand-held flashlight.

For indoor work, The X200B is the superior performer.

The attached pic shows their respective beam patterns.

--Ray

7. JasonC8301

JasonC8301

In addition to what RayB stated, I have put my X200A through a lot of rounds (and had a few other guys help with their weapons.) Speer 9mm GDHP's +P were most of the rounds put through this light along with some .40's on a G23, .45ACP's from a Glock 21 and 30. The light has also been on numerous other range member's weapons (Glock 34, 35, 20, Sig's, Springfield XD's, railed 1911's, and so on.)

On a conservative estimate there are over 5K rounds through this light. The only issue I have had with it was the tedious installation of the battery cover. I broke my first one due to not aligning it correctly but SF sent me a new one in the mail (even though I broke the first one, it still operated on the light so I was way too tempted and caved in to the need to fire the gun with a light.) The light has been shot off two different guns because of operator error. I forgot to seat the light fully onto the rail and two rounds into the mag I saw a black object fly onto the firing line, ceased fire, grabbed my light, mounted it back on, and kept on firing (was on my Glock 19.) Same situation happened less than 2 hours later on a Glock 21 by one of my friends, whoops, lol.

Everytime I activate the light; it works.

There is a cosmetic flaw if you use the X200A and a Glock 19 (or any other weapon that has a shorter barrel.) Muzzle blast wreaks havoc on the finish of the light. The glass seems fine but right on top of the light is burnt finish.

Here is a picture of that I just took.

[​IMG]

SF makes great lights but sometimes the choices are so vast it takes an enormous amount of bed time reading to gain knoweldge of their hand held lights, HID lights, weapons lights, helmet lights, and various accesories.

If you can wait, the X300L is slated out later this year I believe (Cree LED used for longer run time and a laser.)

8. tradewinds

tradewinds

I put a piece of electrical tape on my light at the range and it still looks new and I do not have to clean the lens.

9. Bill Bond

Bill Bond blissaphobia

I have fired hundreds of rounds with my G19 and x200 without a single failure.

:thumbsup: