Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I got some extra time this weekend *stayed up late* made enough progress for the team, so I thought I would share.

I know, I know I’ve got a lot to go, but once I add in some bomb kill signs and some bullets scrapes, it should lock pretty cool. ;) Well… That’s the plan at least hahaa

It needs a name thou.. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your time everybody

·
Registered
30 Posts
a little black streaking from the rivets would give it a little more authenticity. Just 2 cents from a fighter maintainer.

·
Texan
3,790 Posts
That looks sweet man! Definitely post pics when it's all reassembled.

·
Registered
7,094 Posts
Looks great so far!!

·
Who u lookin at
225 Posts
Nice. I'll have to show this to my son. He paints guitars (mostly tattoo style art) and drum heads.

·
NRA Member
3,339 Posts
Sweet......What are you going with for a pick-guard?

I've got all the parts for a "from scratch" Tele build, new body, neck, NOS tuners, pickups, pots, etc. As soon as Spring gets here, I need to get off my azz and put it together......It'll be my first build. :cool:

As to a name? :dunno: Maybe research some old WWII plane photos for ideas.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Looks like a "Betty Lou" to me.

·
Cajunator®
38,164 Posts
She looks just like a girl I used to know named "Beth", but I think "Betty Lou" has a better ring to it on the nose of a fighter, bomber, or flying fortress.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not artistic by any means but that is an awesome looking guitar. Good work man.
Thank you sir, its only 25% complete, it should look a lot different when its done.. ie cooler.. lol..

Thanks..

a little black streaking from the rivets would give it a little more authenticity. Just 2 cents from a fighter maintainer.
Agreed.. I'm just laying down the rivets stencils now, I'll wether them in along with the pannel seams..

I like that look too..

Coming along nicely.
Me personally, I'd name her Doreen, after the Frank Zappa song. YMMV.

Thanks.. I'll think about it..

have a great one

That looks sweet man! Definitely post pics when it's all reassembled.

Thanks.. Will do.. I should have it finished up in a week or soo.

Thanks again

Looks great so far!!
Thank you.. I have vision.. hahaha that is to say it should look cool / different when its done..

Thanks again.

Nice. I'll have to show this to my son. He paints guitars (mostly tattoo style art) and drum heads.

Cool.. He might like some of these / past projects for ideas..

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Sweet......What are you going with for a pick-guard?

I've got all the parts for a "from scratch" Tele build, new body, neck, NOS tuners, pickups, pots, etc. As soon as Spring gets here, I need to get off my azz and put it together......It'll be my first build.

As to a name? Maybe research some old WWII plane photos for ideas.

Thanks.. I've got some kill signs going on the bottom of the pick-guard and I'll have some nice bullet holes there too.

Looks like a "Betty Lou" to me.

I do like that one..

Thank you..

That is WAY cool!

Thanks sir.. it's only 25% so in a few days it should look really cool,, well.. imo hahaha

She looks just like a girl I used to know named "Beth", but I think "Betty Lou" has a better ring to it on the nose of a fighter, bomber, or flying fortress.

Hey cjlandry, Yeah I kind of like “Betty Lou” too.. I think I just need to find the right font..

Thanks sir..

+1 it will add that shadow type look and really bring it together, the painting looks good.

edit to add: Here try this sight for some ideas on a name
http://www.nose-art.net/

GREAT link..

Thanks..

·
Who u lookin at
225 Posts
Thanks for the extra pics. I'll show them to my son. Here's the very first one he did (for his mom) about 4 years ago. It's the only one I've got a pic of on my laptop.

·
Banned
1,242 Posts
How about "Homegirl ... I think that's what hit me most because isn't that what they were all fighting for in WWII, the girls back home. Looking up the word "Homegirl" in the Urban Dictionary is says, "a girl who is a friend to the end no matter what goes down you know SHE'S GOT YOUR BACK!" Sounds fitting. Well anyway, good luck with a name.

·
NRA Patron Life Member
13,520 Posts

How 'bout Maybelline

Or "Picadilly Lilly" after the B-17 on the old TV show, "12 O'Clock High"???

·
Registered
670 Posts
Awesome! You should make a side business and make some cash if you haven't already. I want to send you my cheapie LTD! I wish I was an artist. Maybe I can manage a desert camo theme. :supergrin:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Instead of a girl's name you might want to consider a phrase like "Makin' Music", "Rock Your World, or "Tuned to Please", some kind of catchy inuendo like much of the nose art.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts