Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm offering for trade a brand new Orvis 6wt Streamline rod and matching Rocky Mountain Turbine III reel. This rod and reel have never been used and come in the original package/box. I bought this several months ago thinking I would be getting into fly fishing, and never have used it. The rod is still in its factory tube with a plastic wrap on the handle. The reel has been out of the box, but only at the Orvis store to have them load it up with Wonderline III Trout WF line and backing. This is a very nice combo, ready to go for the fly fishing enthusiast or novice, and would be great for bass or on Western trout streams.
From the Orvis web site:

Streamline Fly Rods
Quality and Performance for Under $100
• This fly rod will set you up perfectly for success
• Designed to make fly casting easy and enjoyable
• Each fly rod targeted for a specific species of fish
• Graphite fly rod blanks, chrome guides,
• A-grade cork handles, anodized aluminum reel seats​

Streamline 906-2 Mid Flex9',
6-weight, 3 1/8-oz., Mid Flex Fly Rod

A high-quality, powerful fly rod for large rivers, ponds and lakes. Freshwater configuration. Target species: bass, trout, steelhead.

Rocky Mountain Turbine Large Arbor Reels
Compliment your fly rod with the best value large-arbor fly reel anywhere
Our brand-new Rocky Mountain Turbine™ fly reel is not just our very best value large-arbor reel, but the best value large-arbor fly fishing reel anywhere. We built the entirely new die-cast aluminum spool and frame around our famous Battenkill-style fly reels, with an offset drag system to give you the stopping power a fly fishing reel needs for big fish, combined with a lighter weight for optimum fly rod and reel balance. The ultra-large arbor holds more backing and gets big fish on the reel faster. Special baked enamel finish increases long-term durability for years of hard use. This fly reel converts easily in seconds from LH to RH retrieve.

Wonderline Generation 3 Trout Weight Forward Fly Line
Trout Fly Line
Cast farther with less effort using the slickest line made. Simply the best all-around trout line available, its exclusive taper maximizes the efficiency of high-modulus graphite rods, so you shoot line like never before. Plus, the slickness makes pick up off the water easier and quieter. It floats extremely well too, a big help when mending or fishing dries. Used by more guides and their clients than any other line. Front loop for easy, fast leader attachment.

Altogether, this package retails for about $230. I'm offering it, NIB as if it came from the store. I'm looking for a Ruger 10/22, lightly used, or whatever else of interest. FTF in VA.

Thanks.
Bruce

1 - 2 of 2 Posts