Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased this gun last week, havent even fired any rounds through it, but I am thinking I would like a longer barreled gun as my 1st handgun, and also duty weapon for being and armed security officer...

looking for a great condition 17, or 34.

Here in FL, you cant, as a security officer, use on duty anything "bigger" than the police do, so nothing bigger than a 9mm basically.

I can take pics if needed, but like i said the gun has never been fired, minus the 2 rounds by "Betty Wilson" @ Glock in February.

· I love Guns
559 Posts
Huh? Brevard County Sheriff uses .40 S&W and Melbourne Police Department uses .45 GAP Cocoa Police department lets you carry just about any handgun you want as long as your part of the swat team.

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huh? Brevard County Sheriff uses .40 S&W and Melbourne Police Department uses .45 GAP Cocoa Police department lets you carry just about any handgun you want as long as your part of the swat team.
I'll try and find the legislature on it, but when I took my class, they kept stressing, that if you were on duty with anything bigger than a 9 or .38 that you would lose your job, license and possibly face charges. Multiple times they stressed that.

· Registered
1,429 Posts
With a FL "G" (Armed) security license you can carry .380, .38 Special or 9mm ONLY.

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a FL "G" (Armed) security license you can carry .380, .38 Special or 9mm ONLY.
Thank you...here's from the application instructions for the G license...

"FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
• Pursuant to section 493.6115, FS, only Class “C”, “CC”, “D”, “M”, “MA”, or “MB” licensees are permitted to bear a
firearm, and any such licensee who bears a firearm must also have a Class “G” license. No person is exempt from
the requirements of section 493.6115, FS, by virtue of holding a concealed weapon or firearm license issued pursuant
to s. 790.06, FS.
• Unless otherwise approved by the Department, a Class “G” licensee may carry ONLY the following weapons: a .38
caliber revolver; a .380 caliber or .9mm semiautomatic pistol; or a .357 caliber revolver with .38 caliber ammunition.
"

· Registered
1,429 Posts
Thank you...here's from the application instructions for the G license...

"FIREARMS AND AMMUNITION
• Pursuant to section 493.6115, FS, only Class “C”, “CC”, “D”, “M”, “MA”, or “MB” licensees are permitted to bear a
firearm, and any such licensee who bears a firearm must also have a Class “G” license. No person is exempt from
the requirements of section 493.6115, FS, by virtue of holding a concealed weapon or firearm license issued pursuant
to s. 790.06, FS.
• Unless otherwise approved by the Department, a Class “G” licensee may carry ONLY the following weapons: a .38
caliber revolver; a .380 caliber or .9mm semiautomatic pistol; or a .357 caliber revolver with .38 caliber ammunition.
"
I forgot about the .38 ammo in the .357 revolver. I was trying to point out that it has nothing to do with what the police carry. I have not heard of anyone who was "approved by the Department" to carry anything else.

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot about the .38 ammo in the .357 revolver. I was trying to point out that it has nothing to do with what the police carry. I have not heard of anyone who was "approved by the Department" to carry anything else.
The original reason for this was due to what the police carry, that is what was expressed to me.

Most leo's, at least the one's in orlando are issued 9mm handguns from the dept.

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are you asking for it?
Paid just under $600 OTD w/ taxes and BG check.

Wouldn't want to take much less than that, but really only looking for a newer 17/17L or 34.

Just want a longer barrel to start off with, if i cant find a good trade, ill keep it no problems.

Or ill take $600 cash if someone doesn't want to "wait" for a gun shop lol jk

· Registered
3,030 Posts
I just purchased this gun last week, havent even fired any rounds through it, but I am thinking I would like a longer barreled gun as my 1st handgun, and also duty weapon for being and armed security officer...

looking for a great condition 17, or 34.

Here in FL, you cant, as a security officer, use on duty anything "bigger" than the police do, so nothing bigger than a 9mm basically.

I can take pics if needed, but like i said the gun has never been fired, minus the 2 rounds by "Betty Wilson" @ Glock in February.
I'd just keep it. The G19 being perfect in size,would be good for duty and for off duty CCW. The 17 would be harder to conceal,possible,but harder. Just my opinion...Bump for a great gun!

· Banned
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd just keep it. The G19 being perfect in size,would be good for duty and for off duty CCW. The 17 would be harder to conceal,possible,but harder. Just my opinion...Bump for a great gun!
Thanks, and I agree, it would be good for multipurpose, but in the fall i am planning on picking up a G36 or G39 and also a pocket pistol...

once SU basketball season starts, and I can start to sell my Front Row tickets...i'll be golden, each game should get me a new gun :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts