close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS/WTT Stainless Series 80 Colt Govt

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by usaf_vito, Mar 29, 2010.

1. usaf_vito

usaf_vito

WTS/WTT Stainless Series 80 Colt MKIV Government Model.

Fully stock except guide rod/plug, which is Fusion brand. (This means no bubba-smith jobs.) Comes with FLGR of unknown origin, 2 Colt mags--1 8rd, 1 7rd.

It's a nice gun, but my dad's offered me his old Colt Commander in exchange for a 9mm pistol, preferably a Hi-Power, his "favorite gun of all time." I'm not a 1911 guy (I'm a Beretta guy), but I would like to have one and only one on hand, and I'd rather have my dad's old gun, no matter the condition (his is kinda beat up, actually). I'm trying to come up with the scratch to hunt down that Hi-Power.

A trade is actually preferred--I'm looking for a nice Browning or FN in 9mm. The color scheme doesn't matter, I just want a pistol in good condition because it's what my dad's looking for. He doesn't have the will/energy to scour the gunshops/gun shows/gunbroker anymore.

As for a straight sale, it's $650 FTF, $700 shipped. FTF is obviously preferred in either a trade or sale scenario. I'm in San Antonio.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor picture quality, don't have my camera on me. I'll add better pics if there's interest.

2. usaf_vito

usaf_vito

Talked to my dad yesterday (my birthday) and I told him I was selling my 1911 to buy/trade for his Commander...he gave me the old "well now don't do THAT..." and told me to hang on to it, that he'd want to see it and maybe he'd trade his Commander for this.

Still, I know he's itching to get his hands back on a BHP after selling his in the early 90s, so that's the one and only trade I'll take.

For those that hate the backstory, here's the lowdown:

Seeking trade for Browning/FN Hi-Power ONLY.

Straight sales are out for now...