close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS: Taurus 651 .357 Magnun snubbie. (MO)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by REA9mm, May 14, 2010.

1. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

Well, I wanted a smaller gun for summer carry, but I've since come to find out that I'm not at all a fan of revolvers. So, I am looking to unload this barely used Taurus 651 snubbie revolver in .357 Magnum. The gun has about 50 rounds of .38 spl (no +P's) and about 5 rounds of .357 Magnum thru it. Cosmetically it is like new, and comes with case, manuals, keys, etc. I paid $375 for it, not including the FFL fee. I would like to do a FTF transaction in the St. Louis Metro area if possible. I will take $275 if we can do FTF. If we can work out a shipping arrangement, I will take $300 shipped.

PM me if interested or if you have questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2010
  2. moncoacp

moncoacp

I'd buy it if I didn't already have one. Over 300 flawless rounds. Had the trigger innards polished and the action is now smooth as butter and the pull significantly lighter.

3. Wrangler100

Wrangler100 NRA Patron Mbr

I too have one. Great pistol, with the hammer serrations you can fire single or double action. Very manageable with 158 gr SJHP in .357 mag and a p ussycat with any .38 spl, great price!

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  4. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

5. Bird76Mojo

Bird76Mojo

This is very tempting.. Do you ever do any travelling into Illinois?? Possible FTF that way..

GB :)

6. LLL

LLL

sent question.:wavey:

7. freeride88

freeride88

Man, I'm in the market for a 357 snubbie and this price is unbelievable. If it had an exposed hammer, I'd almost certainly take it. Good luck, and if it's still around in a day or two, which I doubt, I may be back.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  8. moncoacp

moncoacp

The hammer is merely shrouded, it's not hidden. You can shoot it SA or DA. Just as easy for me to cock the hammer on this one as any exposed hammer I own.

9. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

I do go to Decatur every once in a while. I'm not too up on the IL gun laws tho. I'd think it would be a bit more prohibitive to do a FTF deal there. But, let me know what you know about it and maybe we can work something out.

10. Bird76Mojo

Bird76Mojo

If you didn't take I55 then I could possibly meet you in Pana IL sometime..?

Illinois law states that the firearm must be unloaded, enclosed in a case, that's not immediately accessable. Ammo can be transported with any firearm as long as it's not loaded, but just to abide fully by the law I always transport any ammo seperate from the firearm, say in the glove box. (Although the ammo can be in the case with the firearm.) The firearm in a case either behind the passenger seat (truck) or in the backseat or trunk (car). The case doesn't have to be locked, but must have some sort of latch that works properly. It's not as bad as it sounds, just confusing..

Read more here, near the bottom of the page: http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/firearmsfaq.cfm

I'm a valid FOID holder and can provide proof of that before any deal is made..

If all of this is too confusing to you then I completely understand and want you to feel free to make a more hassle free sale if it presents itself.. Illinois blows when it comes to crappy/confusing firearm laws.

GB :)

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  11. Heavy Lifter

Heavy Lifter

12. Busby

Busby

I don't have a dog in this fight, but FYI......It is against federal law to sell a firearm to anyone that does not reside in the same state that you reside.....bottom line no exceptions, uless of course you go through a FFL.

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  13. REA9mm

REA9mm get ready

This item is sold. Thank you everyone for your interest.