close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS: Springfield EMP 9mm (NC)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Hantra, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

Time to get rid of my Springfield EMP 9mm. I've had it for a couple months, and I put 300 or so rounds through it. This is a beautiful gun that is made so well that I almost wanted to keep it, even though I won't carry it.

I'm just paranoid about the safety, as I have never trained with it, and ALL my other guns are without external safeties. So I am letting it go. As you can see from the photos, it's in perfect shape, other than the typical 1911 assembly mark. Comes with all accessories and paperwork new from the factory, along with 3 magazines.

Very late serial number, as you can see. 89xx.

$1050 + shipping. Trades considered. Really looking for a 228 or 229, or 220 Carry Elite.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

3. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

All PM's returned. Thx!

4. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

Where are you located? It can make all the difference in a deal.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  5. dapperdon

dapperdon

6. Anarchy919

Anarchy919

This is one sweet 9mm I just bought a new one last night from a Guy that needed Money very bad picked it up for 900. This should sell fast.

7. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

Greensboro

8. SamNVegas

SamNVegas

9. DenaliX

DenaliX

Have purchased from this guy before. . . Excellent seller!!!

10. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

Buyer backed out. . .still avail. Would love to trade for a Sig 229 Elite.

Sold Pending Funds

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  11. ForgetAboutIt

ForgetAboutIt

Free bump for a GREAT, AWESOME pistol... One of the best out there........... Good luck on the sale (I am surprised it hasn't been sold yet...).

12. Anarchy919

Anarchy919

13. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

Pre-GunBroker :puking: price drop bump.

14. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

Weekend bump. Yet another price drop.

15. billy396

billy396

I'd like to know what in the world you're talking about regarding 'the cheap, early ones'. That's a full-ramp, match-spec bull-barrel. There have never been ANY design or material changes whatsoever with this model. (Call Springfield and ask). Mine has a S/N EMP 23XX, and I've put well over 1,000 rounds though this thing without 1 FTF of any kind. I just spoke to Springfield Armory, and the VERY, VERY early models had feeding issues that were only related to the magazines, and if you ever get an EMP with one of the bad mags, you'll know right away and Springfield will replace the bad mag free of charge. I regularly shoot mine with 7 different mags and every kind of FMJ, JHP, plated ammo, Cor-Bon, Magtech, Federal Hydra-Shok, Speer Gold Dot, Winchester (both Ranger and PDX), and every kind of reload that I've been able to come up with, (115, 124, and 147 Gr.) using every headstamp that I've ever seen, or picked up at the range. The EMP is the absolute best, ultra-small (the smallest ever made) 1911 that I've ever shot, Just as good as my full-house Custom Cylinder and Slide with the Bar-Sto barrel, and just as accurate. Although, of course, the C&S is a .45ACP. Not only that, but the night sights are still as bright as the day I got it. The ONLY thing that I don't like about the EMP is the ambi-safety. They should take those things and ONLY use them for left-handed people who order them.
    I've got a dozen beautiful 1911's both stock, light custom, and full custom, and the only thing wrong with any of them is that cursed ambi-safety which, unless you're left handed, just gets in the way. 1911's rule, unless you buy junk. If you're going to get any 1911, spend the extra money and you won't regret it. BTW, I carry a Glock, not one of my 1911's. I can drop my Glock in the mud and not worry.

By the way, for anyone who may be interested in this pistol, you can believe me, you won't be disappointed if you're a 1911 fan. These little things are tack-drivers (at least in 9MM). They do make them in .40 S&W, but I wouldn't personally want one because the 9 works so well. How in the world you can make a 2-inch barrel so accurate is a mystery to me. (They are, technically 3-inch, but I don't count the chamber on revolvers OR autos, as it's NOT part of the barrel). Also when I bought mine, the MSRP was $1,313.00, the shop prices that I've seen usually average around $1175 for new ones.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  16. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

Billy: I don't remember off-hand which article it was, but I'm pretty sure it was Massad Ayoob's review where he mentioned that the earlier ones had feeding problems. I read so many reviews before buying, I can't keep them straight.

Thanks for the endorsement.

17. mtnglide

mtnglide

18. cliff58

cliff58

Do you still have this gun for sale??? If so, what are you wanting out of it now???

19. Hantra

Hantra Keeps It Real

Negative. It's sold.