Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTS: Huge CD Collection - 80’s, 90’s, 2000’s, Country, Pop, Rock, Alt

Selling my collection of more than 300 audio CDs. These represent the greatest hits of the 1980’s, 1990’s, and early 2000’s for Rock, Pop, Alternative, and Country. There are some unique titles as well, not available today such as College Accapella compilations and Movie Soundtracks.

I also have the jewel sleeve cover art/booklets for nearly every CD in the collection that will also be included.

I’m the original owner of these CDs and they are all in very good condition and were largely stored in the CD protective binders.

As anyone that bought music in the last 30-40 years knows a single CD cost between $10 to $20 dollars. This means this collection represents more than $4,500 in music investment. Even to download all these songs from iTunes today would cost you thousands of dollars. Why do that when you can just buy this collection and upload them to your digital collection.

Asking: SOLD

9989F5DD-6B63-4FB7-8DE0-6A8E053E9427.jpeg
00B960D8-B60E-4127-862A-00B1B1112578.jpeg

Reactions: rpc

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
You realize nobody even downloads from iTunes anymore, right? A music streaming service will run you $7.99 - $12.99/mo.

I think you’ll have a tough time finding many takers. CD players themselves are prob starting to get scarce.

There are some specialty shops that still deal in used CDs or DVDs. Maybe find one of those.

If you had these on vinyl, that might be worth something. Good luck.

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I’ll mark you down as “not interested”, but I appreciate the bump. :cheers:

There is some truth in what you’re saying TheDreadnought, but there are also some people that don’t like technology and/or digitally downloaded music and still prefer CD’s.

In fact I’m a person who still downloads music from iTunes and doesn’t like subscription audio services because I go a lot of places that don’t have reliable internet, or even cellular, service (yes those places still exist).

Did you know that there are still video/DVD rental places around the country (mostly in rural areas) and even little machines (like RedBox) in grocery stores that actually let people rent movies on DVD? Who knew right? Why would those still exist if everyone was streaming to subscription services?

The good news is that posting this sales thread cost me nothing (but a 5 min investment of my time) and may help someone who still likes CD’s find a good deal on an interesting collection with an assortment of titles, some of which are not available on streaming services. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Regardless, thanks for your valuable and well intentioned input. :flag:

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Little bump (with price drop) to start the weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Memorial Day Bump with price drop. Free shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Take a little time this weekend to think about all those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weekend bump.

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pre weekend bump, free shipping.

·
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Free shipping and price drop. Prove the Dreadnought wrong and show the love of CD music.

:waving:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts