close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS: Hirtenberger 9mm +P+ 100 gr "FL"

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by rhe01, Oct 22, 2002.

1. rhe01

rhe01

Five boxes of Hirtenberger 9mm 100 gr +P+ soft point ammunition. The boxes are marked "Law Enforcement Grade".

High velocity, excellent penetration, and extremely accurate. The same type of ammuniton carried by Austrian Police in their Glocks.

This ammo is no longer imported and is very hard to find.

Five (5) un-opened/sealed boxes of 50 (250rds) @ 75.00 + UPS shipping. **SOLD **

Click Here to Reply via Email

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mwinter

Mwinter I'm MilkMan Dan

Email sent, very interested.

3. bitterspleaf

bitterspleaf

Mwinter--

Hey could you do me a favor and give me your impressions of this stuff?

4. Mwinter

Mwinter I'm MilkMan Dan

No prob....I've used plenty of it before. I was just runnin' low on it :)

The Hirt. FL +p+ 100gr SP is basically a *deep* penetration round (see above test specs). Expansion in soft media is sometimes a little, often next to zero. The soft point and overall bullet construction is designed for enhanced penetration with less POI shift/deflection thru hard objects (glass, sheet metal, etc.) compared to standard FMJ.
    The round, like all the Hirt. stuff I've used is clean, exceptionally consistent and accurate. Very flat shooter, even at 50-75yds from pistols, with low recoil for a high-pressure round. If you're looking for a defensive round, check out the tests on other rounds at ammolab.com (127gr Win Ranger, 124gr BlackHills GDHP, etc.).
    Search for my user name here at GT and you'll find a few posts with more info.....

5. bitterspleaf

bitterspleaf

Thanks for the lowdown Mwinter. Ammunition, despite all the info available, is pretty subjective matter, or so I'm finding out anyway. I think for all practical purposes, from what I've read so far, probably going with a 124+P would be my round of choice. But the debate continues...