Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NIB Glock 17 OD Green GEN 3 for sale. Im asking 600$ and I will ship but the buyer will pay DROS and FFL transfer fee. If you are interested you can contact me at (925)819-6710.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
This is a California roster approved in OD. The box sticker bar code is perfect for California, any FFL wont freak out about it.

I hate to do this, I personally would like it, but then it would be my 4th G17 size frame Glock, so I just shouldn't.

If you post it on CalGuns.net you'll get your asking price in a heart beat, and have a local buyer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is a California roster approved in OD. The box sticker bar code is perfect for California, any FFL wont freak out about it.

I hate to do this, I personally would like it, but then it would be my 4th G17 size frame Glock, so I just shouldn't.

If you post it on CalGuns.net you'll get your asking price in a heart beat, and have a local buyer.

Maybe I need to specify its CA OK because I have had it listed there for quite sometime for 8 and even lowered to 7 but no hits. Any other suggestions??

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Maybe I need to specify its CA OK because I have had it listed there for quite sometime for 8 and even lowered to 7 but no hits. Any other suggestions??
Yea, mention it's on the Roster, and give the DOJ link to the roster.

I checked myself before I responded.

ManufacturerModelGun TypeBarrel LengthCaliberExpired Date
Glock17 (Black) / Steel, PolymerPistol4.49"9mm01/01/22
Glock17 OD / Steel, PolymerPistol4.49"9mm01/01/22

The picture you have of the box says 17 OD. It also says 10 round magazines, and is white sticker which is the 10 round boxes.

Everything is a GO!!!!!!!!! I can't believe no one is interested at $600, but like I said, while I'm interested and I'd love a non black Glock, what do I need with another G17 Green or otherwise 😟

I'm interested in off roster pistols, and am on the look out for a sub $700 G44.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Oh yea, regardless of Roster a face to face private transfer is exempt from the roster (minus threaded barrel and 11+ magazines). So I don't know why you aren't selling it on CalGuns.

CalGun folks are a peculiar bunch in regard to sellers, and judge post count and trade rating.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
CalGun folks are a peculiar bunch in regard to sellers, and judge post count and trade rating.
Yea, it's your low post count, combined with a unicorn gun here in CA and a reasonable price.

Ironically, post a lot, have conversations on the forums, raise that post count, get a few trade ratings, and then ironically raise the price to $800 asking or best offer to get the ball rolling. We already know you'd take $600. $500 is the new retail price for black, and $100 extra for a roster approved green here and now should be a no brainer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea, mention it's on the Roster, and give the DOJ link to the roster.

I checked myself before I responded.

Thanks for all the tips brother! Real kind of yiu trying to help me out. I hope you find what your looking for. I was going to put the 8 I get for this or whatever I get for this gun towards a G41
ManufacturerModelGun TypeBarrel LengthCaliberExpired Date
Glock17 (Black) / Steel, PolymerPistol4.49"9mm01/01/22
Glock17 OD / Steel, PolymerPistol4.49"9mm01/01/22

The picture you have of the box says 17 OD. It also says 10 round magazines, and is white sticker which is the 10 round boxes.

Everything is a GO!!!!!!!!! I can't believe no one is interested at $600, but like I said, while I'm interested and I'd love a non black Glock, what do I need with another G17 Green or otherwise 😟

I'm interested in off roster pistols, and am on the look out for a sub $700 G44.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Like the previous post said, you can get a brand new G17 gen3 for $499 plus tax at a lot of LGS’s. The green is unique, but not sure people will pay $100 more for green.
People do indeed. The green, FDE and gray frames are rare enough and not easily attainable that people often do pay more. I sold my Gen4 FDE Glock 17 not long ago for $750.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I hope the owner of this one does as well as you.
I think you have to look at it this way. For some people, guns are merely tools. If it's a tool, you not only don't care about the color, but you don't care about scratches, nicks, or anything else, unless those things impact its functionality as a tool. For other people, guns are also collectibles. That's why some people pay to have their guns cerakoted. Others pay to have slide work done. Others pay for gold or silver barrels.

Those people care about what their guns look like. Everyone has their own values on these things.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think you have to look at it this way. For some people, guns are merely tools. If it's a tool, you not only don't care about the color, but you don't care about scratches, nicks, or anything else, unless those things impact its functionality as a tool. For other people, guns are also collectibles. That's why some people pay to have their guns cerakoted. Others pay to have slide work done. Others pay for gold or silver barrels.

Those people care about what their guns look like. Everyone has their own values on these things.
I totally get it. I’m OCD about nicks and scuffs. As long as this one stays pristine it probably won’t lose much value over time. Nice firearm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts