close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS from AL: TacStar 870 Side Saddle & DPMS Carry Handle

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by marklbucla, Jan 6, 2010.

1. marklbucla

marklbucla

Looking to sell a TacStar 870 6 shell side saddle and a DPMS Carry Handle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asking $20 shipped for the TacStar
    Asking $50 shipped for the DPMS Carry Handle

Edit: The DPMS Carry handle is now sold.
    Edit: The TacStar is now Sold.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  2. minnshooter

minnshooter

Sorry, need a 4 rounder, free bump

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010

3. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

How does the shell holder mount to the gun?

Sorry for the newbie question, but I just got my 870 a few days ago and am still learning :cheers:

4. marklbucla

marklbucla

It uses bolts to replace the pins in the trigger assembly which mate with threads on the inside of the side saddle on the other side. The side saddle sits on the left side of the receiver.

Welcome to GT and congrats on the new 870. The one under my bed is the first gun I got myself.

5. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

Thanks for the welcome!

Would this be something I would be able to put on myself, or is this gunsmith territory?

6. marklbucla

marklbucla

You can put it on yourself in about 2 minutes. Just get a punch to tap out the pins holding the trigger group in place and stick the bolts though and screw them in with the supplied allen wrench. It's very easy to do.

Given that you said that this was a new gun, I wouldn't suggest doing anything to it except getting a shorter stock if you're a smaller person before you can shoot it and break it in.

Edit: Forgot to mention that it's going to require a different forend than the one that came with it new since the longer rear of the factory stock will hit the side. So you would have to replace that first or start with a 4 shell side saddle instead. I forgot to mention that since the first thing I typically do on a new 870 is replace the furniture with Hogue Youth stocks and forends.

7. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

The stock that's on it isn't too bad.

Since I was planning on this being my HD gun, the first big thing I want for it is a weapon light.

I just saw that you had this for cheap so I figured why not, but I guess since that it won't work with the stock forend, I'll wait.

Do you have a link to the Hogue stuff?

Oh and I have put about 130 rounds through it so far, what is the break in period for these guns?

8. marklbucla

marklbucla

If you want a weaponlight, the most common one is probably the Surefire (618FA??). It's a short forend, so you'd be able to use the +6 side saddle.

As for the Hogue, you could just google: Hogue Youth Stock 870 and go with the cheapest. I'd suggest Brownells or Midway USA. Brownells has a better return policy though.

As far as break in, the old timers would probably tell you that it doesn't need it, but the new 870 Expresses do (I assume you have an Express?). Out of the box, they have issues with extraction, or the slide being stuck forward after you shoot off a shell. Other issues include proper ejection, or the shells not spitting out of the ejection port consistently. The last express I got needed about 300 shells to get it to a point where I would trust it by the bedside.

Also, don't use the cheapo Winchester ammo, like from Walmart. They are known to not extract as consistently.

9. FLglockdude

FLglockdude

I will PM you what I was going to say so we don't keep whoring up your ad :cheers: