close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS: '68 Dodge D-100 p/u truck - Az

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by MB-G26, Feb 9, 2005.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

With my Mother's death toward the end of 11/04, and my Father's corresponding move to a supervised-care/retirement community, we have been going through the usual activities.

We are looking to sell their 1968 Dodge D-100 V8 pick up truck. I don't recall whether it's a half or 3/4 ton for sure, but I'm thinking it's a 3/4 ton. It's from the era when when pickup trucks routinely had 'big beds' without having to be the super-huge models of modern day. Auto trans, manual brakes, trailer hitch, no bed cover or camper; 2-barrel carb, IIRC.

The motor was rebuilt and the rebuild has 40k-50k miles. Never been in an accident or had any body damage; no rust (Az vehicle all owners). There is the expected various and sundry nick in the paint, paint fade (it's yellow), and such, exactly what one would anticipate for a family (never used commercially) vehicle that was used to haul the horse trailer and such. I remember when they bought it - I was a kid - and I'm 47 now. They bought it from the original owner, IIRC. We used it really only to truck the horses around, get feed and hay from the feed store, that kind of thing.

It needs: (1) radiator removed, recored, and re-installed; (2) minor transmission work to deal w/a non-functional component that prevents it from detecting when it's been placed in "reverse"; (3) blower motor/heater repair or replacement.

Other than that, it still goes like a bat out of hell - (if one's not careful it one can drive it right out from underneath 'ya.)

It would be good for someone that is into retoration of 'old trucks', for example, and it's my understanding that the "D-100" motor is the more desirable of the two that came in this model. It would also be good for someone who is looking for a solid, reliable older p/u and is willing to put around $1,000 into the repairs needed. Being older, the annual license and registration are quite inexpensive and it's very inexpensive to insure in Az, for example.

Firm asking price is $1,500, based on online vehicle value assessment my sister did.

Anyone seriously interested and either in AZ or interested enough to deal w/getting it to their non-Az location, please let me know by PM. It is listed in the local newspaper; had a buyer who flaked out, unfortunately.
    Thanks!
    m

2. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Sorry to be a nuisance.....
    but - bump.
    m

3. Glkster19

Glkster19

I'd contact Okie, he's really into them older Dodge trucks.