Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROFLMAO - :rofl:

Something reasonable would work here. I am willing to trade + cash for a Steyr S9-A1, or just a reasonable (i.e. not vastly overinflated) offer takes it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let me tell a story...somebody posts a WTS ad on an online website. Said website has rules which clearly state that ANY WTS ads must be accompanied by a listing price. WTS seller ignores. WTB buyer braves the baited waters and posts a sale price as requested by the WTS seller. WTS seller then replies with a ridiculous post with a queer Pac-Man with legs rolling about in laughter. WTB buyer finds address of WTS seller and, with Pac-Man mask performs a much anticipated home invasion and robs WTS seller of not just his prized ammo but all his guns too. In an ironic twist, WTS seller's woman is actually turned on by Pac-Man mask and the brazenness of the WTB buyer's actions and they head off into the sunset with freshly bandoliered weapons and ammo and a newfound fondness for each other and the future. WTS seller is so befuddled, distraught and eventually humiliated by the entire evolution that he riddles himself with what feels like infinite thrusts from a dull, made-in-china WalMart fork.

The End.

Lesson Learned - never post a WTS ad w/o posting a price.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Let me tell a story...somebody posts a WTS on an online website. Said website has rules which clearly state that ANY WTS ads must be accompanied by a listing price. WTS seller ignores. WTB buyer braves the baited waters and posts a sale price as requested by the WTS seller. WTS seller then replies with a ridiculous post with a queer Pac-Man with legs rolling in laughter. WTB buyer finds address of WTS seller and, with Pac-Man mask performs a much anticipated home invasion and robs WTS seller of not just his prized ammo but all his guns too. In an ironic twist, WTS seller's woman is actually turned on by Pac-Man mask and brazenness of the WTB buyer's actions and they head off into the sunset with freshly bandoliered weapons and ammo and a newfound fondness for each other and the future. WTS seller is so befuddled, distraught and eventually humiliated by the entire evolution that he riddles himself with what feels like infinite thrusts from a dull, made-in-china WalMart fork. The blood pool strangely resembles Jackson Pollack's greatest masterpiece...The Bloody Fork.

The End.

Lesson Learned - never post a WTS ad w/o posting a price.

You should write children's books. :rofl:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Maybe I was a bit harsh with my graphic reply. I have a disdain for individuals who post WTS ads just to "fish" for offers and frankly, it wastes everyone's precious time. Technically, it isn't a WTS ad it's a WTSWKOOICG - Want To See What Kind Of Offers I Can Get. There is a site for that and it's called Gun Broker. I thought you were trying the same shenanigan. Either way, I was just entertaining myself so don't take it too harshly.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No worries - I could see the humor, and heck - I thought your post was hilarious!

I'm kind of torn with this ammo - on the one hand, the greedy SOB in me wants to make as much off it as possible (more guns!) and on the other hand, I hate people who price things high. However, being rational, I will not turn anyone down if they offer a stratospheric amount - hence my offer and no price strategy. I didn't realize the rules... and I should have read them first!

·
Registered
40 Posts
No worries - I could see the humor, and heck - I thought your post was hilarious!

I'm kind of torn with this ammo - on the one hand, the greedy SOB in me wants to make as much off it as possible (more guns!) and on the other hand, I hate people who price things high. However, being rational, I will not turn anyone down if they offer a stratospheric amount - hence my offer and no price strategy. I didn't realize the rules... and I should have read them first!
Now, I will say that I too think it's ridiculous when individuals charge a 1200% markup to take sheer advantage of a dire situation (i.e. price gouging). It's like the Culligan Man coming across some guy resembling a Sleestack from near-fatal dehydration crawling in the desert and asking him to sign over his house for a glass of water. But, I defend the right of the corrupted Culligan Man to do so. It's his water and he does NOT have to give it away. I am a capitalist and believe if people want to inflate their asking price they should be able to. If no one is willing to pay then they will either not sell or have to reduce their asking price. It is the engine which has driven our economy for over 200 years.

You charge whatever you want to charge. Now, if you want respect from your fellow posters that's a different story...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts