Glock Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 2 1911 pistols that I would like to sell. Details are as follows:

The first is a Colt Mark IV series 70 .45ACP in excellent condition with a Bomar rear sight and a Dawson fiber optic front sight. The trigger guard has been undercut and I think it's 30 LPI checkering on the front strap. It has a checkered flat mainspring housing with an integral magwell. Original Colt wood grips, unknown brand old style extended mag release, McCormick extended thumb safety, STI composite trigger with about 3 1/4 lb pull very crisp, McCormick hammer and sear, drop in non-ramped Storm Lake barrel and bushing with unknown brand FLGR. Ed Brown beavertail with no bump. The bluing on the slide is still beautiful. I won't say perfect, but I can't find any flaws with it. The frame has been reblued when the beavertail was fit, but the slide is original finish. The trigger guard has some wear on the edges and the beavertail needs to be reblued. I also have a Wilson compensated barrel with bushing that has been fit to this gun that I will include. I don't know how many rounds have been through it, but based on the condition, it hasn't been a lot, and it certainly has not seen a lot of holster wear. Asking $1,050 shipped or $1,000 FTF.

The second is an STI 6" Targetmaster 9mm. This gun is in excellent mechanical condition with a 3 1/2 lb trigger pull that feels like 3. It is all original except for a wider front sight that I had installed because the front sight was too narrow for me. I still have the original front sight and will include it. This gun has a checkered front strap, square trigger guard, flat checkered mainspring housing with magwell, and ambidextrous thumb safety. The beavertail has the bump. It has a bull barrel which locks up very tight with the slide and frame, and is extremely accurate. I would put the finish at about 85-90% leaning more towards 90. It has holster wear at the corners and finish wear on the right side of the frame above the trigger guard where I put my trigger finger. There is also some wear on the trigger guard and a holster wear mark on the bottom of the dust cover. I am the original owner and have put somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000 rounds through it. This gun comes with the original STI box and 2 STI mags with basepads and 2 Mecgar mags with basepads. Asking $1,000 shipped or $950 FTF

If you are seriously looking at one of these, email me and I will send you my phone number to answer questions or I will take more pictures and send them to you. I will give preference to a face to face sale and will travel a reasonable distance in AZ, but I will ship if need be. Make sure your FFL will receive a handgun direct from an individual. I prefer USPS money orders and I will ship immediately upon receipt of funds. I'm not really interested in trades, I need the money for other projects. Thanks for looking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts