Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTS: 1911 Cocobolo Grips – Double Diamond

Selling a pair of lightly used 1911 Cocobolo wood grips. These have the double diamond pattern and came off a 1911 Ed Brown pistol I recently acquired.

Cocobolo is the most dense and strongest of all the rosewoods, and considered the most beautiful exotic wood due to it’s colors and highly figured grain patterns. Because of its density, it is the wood of choice for high quality handgun grips. The standard grip thickness is 1/4″.

These grips are not cut for an ambi safety and are cut for Bobtail style 1911. These sell for $49.95 on the Ed Brown website.

Asking: SOLD

PM me with questions or offers. PayPal F&F preferred.

4231B52D-A51F-4D23-858D-2FD602F65BA5.jpeg
54C4ABD4-E878-4380-958E-B3500853CFD4.jpeg

Reactions: slamdunc

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weekend bump

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Little bump (with price drop) to start the weekend. Thanks for your consideration.

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Memorial Day Bump with price drop. Free shipping.

Thanks for looking.

Take a little time this weekend to think about all those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom.

Reactions: Old Rooster

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Weekend bump.

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weekend bump.

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weekend bump. Free shipping

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pre weekend bump

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pre weekend bump.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
They look great.

I have a humble Rock Island with ambi safeties. Any idea how much wood if have to remove to fit them?

·
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the interest.

Good question but I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer it. These came of a non AMBI safety model but I can’t imagine you’d have to take too much material off to make them fit as most AMBI safeties I’ve seen don’t look to take up much real estate on the side of the pistol.

With the power of the internet I’m betting there are probably even printable guides or templates, on one of the many 1911 forums or discussion area (maybe even here on GlockTalk), that would tell you or show you exactly where and how to turn regular grip panels into AMBI friendly.

The great news is that at this price, even if you screw they up, you’re not out the regular retail price of a new set of grips.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
PM sent with offer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts