close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTF LCD display screens for PS1?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mnukedude, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

I'm looking for an alternative to ebay. I had a PS1 game system that came with a 5" LCD screen built on. This made it useable in the car or nearly anywhere. It was great on long road trips with my 6 and 8 year old in the back seat. It utterly ended the mischief you can imagine was spawned by the boredom. But now the screen wore out, ;U and it seems that Sony doesn't make them anymore. ;u Where can I find another one for a reasonable price?^8

2. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

similar problem with laptop screens. disassemble the unit, and find out the exact manufacturer and model of the LCD screen on the back.

then google away.

3. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

;d

Any alternatives to ebay out there? (thanks David_G17) for your input so far)

4. 1911lover

1911lover Fiddler1911

The same thing happene to my screen and i wish i could have gotten info on it. I ended up taking mine apart after sony denying to do anything and found that it had not just died a connector had come unwelded and broken off i was able to get it working again but after completely destroying the case.

5. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

I ended up combing the city this morning in search of one after a coworker assured me they are still sold. No luck at Walmart, Target, Electronics Boutique, Toys R Us, or Game Stop. In the end I found one at Kmart (Toys R Us recommended I look there). Apparantly since Kmart can't get customers in their store, old stock is all they have. This was helpful as three of the stores I'd been to told me the screen was discontinued. I choked momentarily on Kmarts political positions and bought one. In this case, their woes benefited me:(

6. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

didn't they fire rosie for her anti-gun actions?

7. Mnukedude

Mnukedude Lurking

I think they did, but not long after, they phased out the sale of handgun ammunition for the stated purpose of preventing incidents like Columbine. After Sept 11, they were also one of the quickest stores to pull their remaining rifles off the shelf (after all, we wouldn't want terrorists to buy any, nor would we want the common citizen to wreak mayhem on his neighborhood), and one of the last to return them to sale.