close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB - Wheel Weights - please read

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by BigSlick, Apr 11, 2006.

1. BigSlick

BigSlick Black Assailant

Hi guys,

I'm new to casting my own and needing some wheel weights.

I've always been told you could get them for free from tire shops etc.. not in this area, the EPA has them by the balls.

Scrap yards are a ripoff and driving half way across the state kinda negates the savings of casting your own.

If any of you might have or be able to find wheel weights in your area and fill up a Priority Mail flat rate box or two, PM or e-mail me and let me know what you want for it including shipping to the DFW area.

Got all the equipment, read several manuals, a lot of good people here at GT offering experienced support, a ton of desire and anticipation and a shooting habit that won't let up, I just can't get the wheel weights.

Looking for some help :sad:

Thanks

BigSlick

2. zoyter2

zoyter2 Yeah, so what?

Tip for you.

Do you know anyone working for the telephone company?

The old cables were lead cased at the splices. They cannot work lead anymore, and usually have these old cases laying everywhere.

I gave away bout 20 when I worked comms. They are a sheet of lead 1/4" thick, and anywhere from 16 to 36 inches square.

The "roll your own" guys loved them.

Good luck.

3. ssgrock3

ssgrock3

next time you find yourself in OKC, check out our mom and pop tire shops, they gotta have a ton of 'um, also local recycling shops in your area might be worth a look. buddy of mine got all his in stillwater, ok at one.

4. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

We have wheel weights, but we sell them. Go to a junk yard and snatch some off all the junkers.

Jared

5. hankhan

hankhan Guest

I got given 3 5 gallon buckets of them by a local tire shop when I bought tires. Melted them down, fluxed 'em and poured them into ingot moulds. Then I stopped casting, I was having more fun shooting than making bullets. I've got over 200 lbs of the little ingots stacked up in my shop - waiting for Hillary.

6. BigSlick

BigSlick Black Assailant

Hey TXG23,

Drop me a PM and let me know how much if you get a chance

Thanks

BigSlick

7. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

hey!3 oz. for $15 bucks they are cut into small stick ons! Let me know, I might find more. Swing by the store and we can figure it out