close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB Walther P22 Texas

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by McGlockerson, Feb 12, 2005.

1. McGlockerson

McGlockerson

I am looking to buy a Walther P22 in Texas. I like the 5 inch barrel but I can do without it. Let me know if you have anything tyboisSUPERNEAT@aol.com. Thanks

2. McGlockerson

McGlockerson

3. mtb_mmw

mtb_mmw Road Rash

A suggesestion. Dont buy it. I spent months on two different models trying to trouble shoot the problems the gun has. I was able to get about all the kinks out but it was so tempermental about ammo and jams I final sold both of them, if you do a web search you will find several articles written addressing the little Walthers weapon problems. I wish that the piece worked it is very cosmetically attrative and that it why it sells well but the functionability blows.

Go buy the Advatage Arms kit for your Glock (I assume you own one) and blast the rimfires away. Great practice too. The kit I puchased works flawlessly and is alot of cheap fun!

:soap:

4. McGlockerson

McGlockerson

Thanks, I mostly want one to plink with and to get a supressor for when I turn 21.

5. mtb_mmw

mtb_mmw Road Rash

I have shot a P22 with a can. The weight at the front of the pistol turned the gun into a single shot, it would not cycle the slide.

6. McGlockerson

McGlockerson

Wow, thanks for the help!

7. slee71

slee71

Well I have a p22 3.4" version & love it. I've had it for about 2 years & put about 1500 rnds through it with very few feeding problems. I'm also impressed with the accurace from the short barrel, & very light & comfortable to carry while I'm out on the trails with my atv. Maybe I just got lucky.

8. Flyman

Flyman

I recently picked up a P22 with the 5" barrel because I got a great deal on it. I was aware of the problems some have experienced. I followed the recommended tips before I shot it ie., stored it for about a week with the hammer cocked, tightened and loctited the pinch bolt and tightened the barrel nut. I've put about 400 rounds through it, both high and standard velocity with not one malfunction. I shot it yesterday without cleaning it from the week before. No problems. The gun is quite accurate and fun to shoot.