wtb starter bike for gf

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by JAREDG21, Aug 7, 2005.

1. JAREDG21

JAREDG21

I am currently looking for a starter bike for my gf. Speceficly looking for bandit 400 or 600, possibly a sv650 or gs 500 or ex 500. If you know of any for sale or have any for sale please let me know.

2. Romulas

Romulas

Ninja 250.
    They are cheap, $3000 new. They are really easy to ride, very reliable, look cool, and they teach all the skills you need for a bigger bike. They will go on the highway, get 70 mpg, and are cheap to insure. You can't find a better bike to get going with. I love mine:) !

3. BrianM_G21

BrianM_G21

Not to mention VERY easy to ride because they have a heavy flywheel (keeps it from stalling so easily), it's light, low seat height, etc. 2002+ can be had for $2k used. We had a guy on the 250 forums just roll 100k miles on his 1988, and have another gearing up for the Iron Butt Rally at the end of this month (2nd 250 in the last 2 IBRs). There's a gal running hers in timed speed trials, posted a best time of 102.5mph and LOTS of people get 60mpg+.

Hard to find a fault with the bike ~ does everything well. But I'm biased, I steal my wifes every chance I get.

4. 45acp4me

45acp4me Pissed puppet

I own a Bandit 600, it's too top heavy for most women and new riders. Do the Ninja 250, GS500 or EX500, they are all excellent bikes for a beginner and still fun in the curves for those with lots of miles under their belt.

5. Timothy658

Timothy658

I am also looking for a bike to learn on. My dad used to ride a motorcycle for several years, and will be teaching me. I am looking for something easy to learn on, so I was thinking Id like an older Honda 175 or something similar. But I am not seeing many of these in the local paper. Are they becoming hard to find?

6. WildWest N AZ

WildWest N AZ

Do the SV650 nice starter bike but still able to do the twisties with the best of them.

7. JAREDG21

JAREDG21

I don't need help choosing the bikes above are the choices what I need is help finding the bikes. If anybody knows of any of these bikes for sale at a decent price please let me know. choice #1 is the sv. As far as the ninja 250 goes the answer is no for the type of riding we will be doing it is not enough.