close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wtb: S&w 642-1, Wa

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Control, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Control

Control

I am searching for a S&W 642-1 (no lock) Airweight snubbie in excellent condition. I am willing to pay a premium because these are hard to find. FTF in WA would be ideal (I have a CCW permit) but I will also consider FFL transfers.

Thanks!

2. Control

Control

Adding finders fee. If you can find a 640-1 in good condition that I buy, I'll pay $50.

3. Road Runner

Road Runner

Hey, not sure if you're interested but I've got a 640-1 for sale. XS standard dot tritium front site and Pachmayr grips. No lock and no MIM parts (forged and case hardened trigger). I don't have the box or manual as I bought it used.

** The only thing to note is the front sight install. I 'thought' that S&W used 1/16" roll pins to install the front blade. Turns out, that's not the case - they use a smaller pin. I was able to remove the factory sight blade with no problem but I did run into trouble re-installing the Xs sight. My drill bit broke off as I was boring-out the hole, which in effect acted as a pin. The sight is straight and secure but there is a cosmetic blemish. A 'real' gunsmith could install a larger pin to make it look pretty.

I am asking $550.

4. Road Runner

Road Runner

5. Road Runner

Road Runner

6. Road Runner

Road Runner

7. Control

Control

Thanks for the offer Road Runner. However, I already have a model 60 no-lock all-steel in .357. I am looking for something that is a little lighter weight with a hammerless design like the 642-1.