close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB or trade for G38 in IA/IL

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by IANative, Dec 14, 2006.

1. IANative

IANative

Subject line says it all. I travel btwn the Chicago area and SE Iowa. PM or email me.

Thanks,
    BT

2. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

What are you looking to trade? And what state are you a resident of? Just so you know, it is illegal to transfer a handgun to someone that is not a resident of the state the transaction is ocurring in. So you can only legally take posession of a handgun in Illinois, or in Iowa. But not both. The only exception that I am aware of is military permanently stationed in another state than their home of record. Plus, in Illinois, you have to have an FOID if you are a resident.

I have a NIB G38 that I would be willing to trade or sell, provided it is in a legal manner. I will be in the Chicago area Sunday and Monday.

3. IANative

IANative

I understand and respect your caution, but I've legally purchased firearms in many states other than my own in the past. I assure you this would be a legal transaction. I have an Illinois FOID, and I currently hold a Texas CHL, if that eases your mind. Where would you be on Monday, and how much are you asking for your G38?

4. Glocks&Ducs

Glocks&Ducs

IANative

Sorry for the mix up. I was already on the road by the time you replied, so I didn't take the 38 with me.

5. IANative

IANative

G&D,

No harm done. Maybe next time.

IA