close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: MSHP G22 with Nickel Slide. Also wanted, night sights for current Glock 22

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by RPM34, Dec 7, 2003.

1. RPM34

RPM34

Looking to purchase a 2toned MSHP Glock 22 with nickel slide, night sights, and hopefully the usual accessories that come with those (1 10rd mag, case, manuals). I'd also be interested in a second 10rd mag for it.

I'm also looking for Night Sights for my current 3rd gen Glock 22. Either Trijicon, Meprolight, or Ameriglo would be great.

THE CATCH: I'm in Canada, and while we're allowed to import firearms, I'm not exactly sure of the process on your end?

I know the sights are no problem though (-:.

Thanks very much,

RPM34

2. Meggacatz

Meggacatz PROUD DADDY!!!!

Look here www.cdnninvestments.com . I think I remember seeing them for under $400.00 chromed with night sights.

3. RPM34

RPM34

Thanks,

Yeah, they actually sell them for $379.95 US, which is fabulous! I just haven't had the chance to contact them to see if they'll ship to Canada (I have a whole write-up in General Glocking about the whole subject)?.

I figured since I had planned on putting a WTB forum for night sights to put on the Glock I already have, I'd ask here about the MSHP Glock 22 as well, just in case someone who had one or access to one (like through CDNN), saw this, and was able to sell to me in Canada, that would be fantastic.

For all those who don't want to bother checking out what I wrote in General Glocking, I'll give you a summary (-:. I had posted a WTB ad for a Glock 22 on GunBroker, stressing I was in Canada. A couple from California, who are FFL dealers and sell Internationally on a regular basis, replied, and they were the ones who actually told me about the MSHP Glocks, and that they were available in matte black or 2 toned with a nickel slide. They had actually thought that the engraving and stamping on the slide (MSHP and their emblem) would take away from it's appeal to me, but it's quite the opposite! I'm very fond of Police issue Glocks with their special markings and whatnot, and they're very very rare up here, so quite the novelty as well! I actually managed to find pictures of one on Auction Arms (someone sells them there regularly, but AA doesn't allow for International sales like GunBroker does), and they're BEAUTIFUL!! Anyway, the couple from CA found they were swamped with work and couldn't follow through with getting me the items I wanted and selling them to me, but they did try to find someone who could (to no avail), and told me where the Glocks could actually be found (that being CDNN), so I could tell it to whoever, in the event I found someone who could sell to me.

The big quandry was that the CA couple told me that as an FFL dealer, they were allowed so many Exports, WITHOUT all the paperwork, and therefore the time the processing takes, that buying through an Arms Exporter would entail. I questioned this bigtime, right from the start (which to be honest, is why I think the couple actually backed out, because I was bombarding them with questions (-:lol! Hey, I didn't want anyone, especially me, getting in trouble (-:!). The responses I got, and the information I came across through personal research varied, depending on the source. Lots said that they were right, that an FFL was allowed so many Export sales per year, while other sources said I could only get it with the proper paperwork (those of course being Exporters who wanted to sell to me). So, I'm still kind of confused on the issue, but I imagine had I not raised such a stink about it in the first place, the CA couple would have sold to me, and I'd have the darned thing right now (-:lol!

Anyway, if the case is indeed tha an FFL can sell to me with just the payment, proof of my licencing, and a properly filled out purchase order, that would be fabulous. If the case is that I must buy iy through an Exporter, with all the proper paperwork, I do have an application for an IIC (International Import Certificate) which is what Canada has in place of an Import Authorization, as we don't have an A to I for firearms or parts in place in Canada (though we may as of Jan 1st 2004). It's actually US Customs that requires it (which I think is smart), so that they have proof from the country the gun is being shipped to will follow it from the moment it leaves the US, until it's in the hands of the buyer. I actually know an Exporter in Fla who's willing to take care of the paperwork on the US end of things, but the only problem being, he's not sure he can get an MSHP Glock for some reason (this was before I knew about CDNN). There were other items I planned to purchase through him, which is hwy I have the IIC application, etc. An IIC can take up to 5 weeks to process, and the US Export forms can take up to 60 days to process, so the whole thing can take awhile, but if that's the way I have to go, then I will.

Again, the question being that I'm honestly not sure if I must go the route of all the paperwork, through an Exporter, or if I can just buy it as one of the export allotment from an FFL? Which is why I pose the question here (-:!

Anyway, thanks for the info, and I hope the further explanation helps you and everyone else understand exactly what I'm asking about here (I haven't actually asked CDNN if they can just sell it to me? They don't answer gun questions via email, but have a 1-800 number, so I'll have to give them a shout during the week).

As far as the night sights go, they're fine to sell to Canada, and don't require either an FFL or an Exporter, paperwork, anything (-:! So, if anyone has any of the sights I asked about, I'd love to hear from them too (-:!

Thanks again!

RPM34 (-:

4. Farmer

Farmer

I have two sets of trijicon night sights for sale that came off two ofmy glocks. I am selling them for $50 shipped in the US I would have to see how much it is to ship them to canada.

5. thestrap

thestrap

Hey RPM..
    I'd love to hear how u made out. CDNN used to ship to Canada but on my last inquiry(Sep) that absolutely will not any longer. Same with Midway USA and others. I guess the govt agencies on the US side are making their lives tough now. I found that they will also not ship to a US address as an alternate if you are trying to use your credit card if it has a billing address outside of Canada. Things just get harder and harder..I too would love to import a unit into Canada, but the paperwork just makes it so difficult u wanna give up.
    Cheers
    Bear;Y ^1

6. RPM34

RPM34

Hey there,

It was pretty much as you said. I had found the one's from CDNN, but they wouldn't export. I was going to do it myself, but it was going to get insanely pricey, and the wait for paperwork would have been ridiculous. I had found a firearms exporter, but he couldn't export those particular Glocks lol. I got really close at one point, in that someone had referred me to this guy who has a business dealing in classic firearms, and he travels to Import and Export guns. He was actually going to purchase the MSHP Glock on my behalf, physically bring it into Canada, and then give it to me as a mere transfer of ownership (it would have worked out BEAUTIFULLY!). What ultimately happend though, was that it turned out his licence would only allow him to import new firearms, and not export them. When he originally applied for his licences, he could have gotten one that would have allowed him to do this, but as it was quite expensive, and the demand, for him at least (being a dealer of classic firearms), just wasn't there. So, in the end, he had to back out, and then I finally decided to forget about it and bought a new Glock 22 here, then sent the slide to a guy here in Ontario who does custom work, to have it bead blasted and then hard chromed. It turned out beautifully, and I did ultimately end up with my two toned Glock, but the appeal of the MSHP one was more for it's collector's value, as I like to collect Police sidearms. I could have (and probably should have) continued with the paperwork process to Import on my own. At the time, Canada had no specific requirement for a licence to Import Firearms, so you would just apply to Import goods in general, at no cost btw, and then you could Import the firearm, as long as the required paperwork was done on the US side. I REALLY should have done this at that time, because, from what I heard, Canada was implimenting a specific Firearms Import licence, as early as January 2004, that would indeed cost money, and would take longer. Whether or not this actually happend, I'm honestly not sure. I MAY attempt to get one, again, and if I do, I'll be glad to pass on all the info on what is now needed (if anything different), as well as the name of any Exporter on the US side, that I deal with.

Thanks for the question, it kinda makes me want to pursue this again (-:lol!

Ciao,

RPM34

7. thestrap

thestrap

Thnx for the additional info there Mr RPM....
    Indeed I would luv to hear about the proper way of doing it, or more so a simplified way, as I would like to import a CASS wheelgun/rifle at some point as well as another SA from the US. There are good deals to be had up here if you know where to look, and depending on what you're looking for. Good luck in your Quest for Fire!!
    Cheers
    Bear ^2 ^6 #wav