close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Marlin Camp 45 Buffer

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by asp, Jul 12, 2004.

1. asp

asp

The buffer on my Camp 45 is in good shape, but I would really like to buy a backup. Brownell's and Gun Parts, Inc. are both out. Anybody out there have one to sell? (Or does anyone know where I might find one?)

Thanks!

2. SW CQB 45

SW CQB 45

I purchased a used Marlin Camp Carbine 45 as a gift for a retiree and the action was nasty. further inspection revealed the buffer was shattered or battered into numerous pieces.

I called Marlin and they sent me one. I think it was about 15 dollars shipped.

seems like a high wear part. no one else makes an aftermarket, ie Buffer Technologies, etc.

3. asp

asp

Thanks for the reply SW CQB 45. Sounds like you got yours just in time because Marlin is now currently out of them. Edit to add: I decided to call Marlin again today because the part is listed in the 20004 parts guide. This phone person informed me that Marlin was having more made and would be receiving them in 2-3 months. So, somewhat good news for folks who've been having trouble finding buffers.

4. flatfender

flatfender TheCatCameBack

That's great news. There was a thread on the High Road that involved making one out of a piece of a car tire. I guess I'll wait for Marlin to come through! :)

5. SW CQB 45

SW CQB 45

6. WFO2

WFO2

looking to buy a Camp45 any ideas on where and what the cost might be?

7. SW CQB 45

SW CQB 45

my buddy has one he bought years ago that he paid under 200 for and its never been shot. he has told me that he wont let it go for less than 500.

I bought a used one for 300 (as a gift) that turned out to be rough, shattered buffer, crack stock and just overall not well taken care of. probably got taken about 100. it cleaned up and shoots well though.

I would check the gunsamerica or gunbroker for a start. They will be expensive if NIB. there are plastic parts that probably dont take rough handling well, so be leary on used that appears to be well worn.

good luck

8. WFO2

WFO2

I will keep looking I would go 500 for a really nice one , have seen a few NIB for a grand but that to pricey for me.......Just think it would be nice to be able to share mags with my 1911 . Also I figure it will give me about 100 more fps.......If I have to buy something current the X Storm for 800 would be the way to go .

You guys run across a deal would sure like to hear about it....Thanks

9. SW CQB 45

SW CQB 45

WF02

I will keep my eyes open for you and my buddy, he is actually my boss, I will ask him about his Marlin Camp Carbine 45.

I think he threw away the box, it has a synthetic stock, original wood stock, its unfired and been sitting in his gun cabinet for years.

we joke that I am goin to sneak in his house and pump a mag of ammo through the gun.

Looks like we both should have bought them for cheap when they were being manufactured.

I am in Victoria, where are you located???

XStorm 800, never heard of it. do they have a website??

10. WFO2

WFO2

Central TX Temple area....That would be great actully had a good man offer to sell me one but he was out of state and that makes me a bit nervous......We did correspond and he understood.......Would travel to do a face to face deal...........thanks

11. WFO2

WFO2

12. WFO2

WFO2