close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Kimber Pro Carry 40S&W NIB (I'm in UP of MI)

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by freakshow10mm, Mar 8, 2006.

1. freakshow10mm

freakshow10mm 10mm Advocate

NEVER MIND. DOING THE PARA P16-40 THING. Thanks for your time.

Adam

2. sksmatt

sksmatt

3. freakshow10mm

Whittaker doesn't have any in stock. Sent emails to FL Gunworks. Couldn't get a hold of anyone at oneshot so I shot off an email. Waiting.

Thanks for your help.

The jist of what I am getting is that Kimber only makes a few batches of 40's as needed. They don't have dedicated machines churning out 40's. When they get enough of an order to justify tooling up the machines with 40 stuff, they try to run as much of the order as possible. If they get another order of say 45's, the 45's take priority over the other calibers. No one can keep them in stock and I get some that tell me that they can get one in about 2-3 weeks and then I have others tell me it could take as long as 90 days. I hate to wait so while my order is pending, I am trying to locate an in stock one. My dealer is calling around too. The problem with Kimber is they are dealer direct so we have to chase down FFLs and not distributers. Cheaper prices but PITA to get a specific gun.

Gunsamerica has some 10mm full size Gov't models. Price is good too. I just spent all the money on the Pro Carry springs and stuff to convert to 10mm.

Was going to say F-it and get a Gov't 10mm but they have the GD front serrations on it and that just erks me to no end. That is the ugliest thing I have ever seen on a gun. I'd rather a gold plated Hi Point than a 1911 with front serrations. Sorry, rant over.

I am just not too keen on waiting til the end of May to get the gun. They have some Para P16-40's on gunbroker, but I want a commander sized 10mm. The DW bobber is too pricey for me, as the gun and conversion to 10mm will run me less than $900. Then I am going to bob it myself.

4. sksmatt

sksmatt

5. freakshow10mm

6. freakshow10mm

NEVER MIND. DOING THE PARA P16-40 INSTEAD. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Adam