close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB IPSC gear for Glock 17L

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by -, Nov 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Guest

I am just getting started and need a belt, holster, and mag carriers.

recommendations or used gear appreciated.

cruizer

2. shoepop

shoepop Millennium Member

cruizer, since you can't shoot your L in the production class you will have to shoot limited, L10 or open class and in anything but open you will be scored "minor" with your 9MM. What class were you going to shoot? If your not sure let me know and I will explain.

3. Guest

I am in Silver City. There is a informal match up here once a month. More of a bring what you have and have fun. I enjoy shooting the 17l and also have a 17,22,and 19 that I could use in production if I went to Cruces to shoot.

I was down there a few weeks ago for the machinegun shoot.

cruizer

4. shoepop

Small world. Las Cruces,also shot here got lucky and won subgun. I was the guy shooting the MP5. I know about your informal matches up in Silver. I shoot USPSA 'IPSC' with Johnny Rodriguez all the time. What I would do since your matches are not USPSA sanctioned is to use the gear you gave now, buy a bunch of ammo and practice. There is a sanctioned match in Deming the first Saturday and I would use the 17 in producton with your stock holster and mag pouches.I would also bring your 22 and shoot limited 10 also with your stock gear to get your feet wet so to speak. There are no IPSC matches in Las Cruces, only IDPA. I shoot Deming,El Paso and Aamogordo circut in IPSC. In Deming next month is a 3 gun match in lieu of IPSC. You may want to try that. It's laid back and people are very nice. If you want a race holster for your informal matches for your 17L let me know and I will hook you up with a couple websites. Hope to see you at a match. Any other questions ask away.:)

5. Guest

I do not have any gear right now. Ipsc stuff is new to me, so I need advice on which holster belt etc.. to get.

I shot a LMG upper on the rifle stages. I got docked a lot of points for pulling of single shots. I am running a AAC buffer and it slows it down too much. I have to try real hard not to shoot singles. I should have my 9mm upper finished by the end of the week. It should be alot better on the subgun stages instead of the MAC.

6. shoepop

Now I have you identified. On the long range MG stage's I was the shooter with the M16 with LMG upper with ACOG. A friend of mine shot my 16 right before you did. I run a AAC SS buffer system also. Didn't have any penalties for one shot, just wasn't fast enough. I got 1 of the 200 yard plates around about 140 degrees on the rail so I didn't have much of a target. Got it though, came in second on MG. You bet the 16 9MM upper is the way to go. Anyway I would start using you G17 in production. Standard Kydex holster and 2 mag pouch leather or Kydex and a good heavy 1 1/2" belt. You can get a good one from Dillon. Mag capacity is 10 round's and you will need 4 mags minimum. That will get you started. There really is no place for your 17L in IPSC other than I stated in previous post. Go to www.brownells.com and look at their race holster selection. I will dig around other sources. As I see it you can shoot 3 classes between your 17 and 22. Of course you can use a race holster up in Silver since it's a fun match. Also go to www.brianenos.com that's where IPSC folks hang out.

7. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

I have three tripp mccormic quick release mag pouches.
    they are already modified and ready to use.
    here are some pics with one of my 10 round glock mags in it.
    let me know if they will work for ya, also i have a redfield scope mount if you need one.

8. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

more pics

9. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

more

10. lm921

lm921 The Stampede

redfield mount pic

11. budreaux39

budreaux39

Hello,
    I have an Ernie Hill speed rig (belt, holster and 3 mag holder) I want to sell. Looking for $100 shipped or trade.
    E-mail if interested.
    Thanks,
    Scott