close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB goog hand gun for girlfriend

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Pyzik, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Looking for a good handgun for the Girlfriend. She has small hands.

I was thinking 9mm maby a .32 acp. ???

I have no Idea relly what I am looking for... So throw stuff onteh table!

Thanks

2. NoSuchStudios

NoSuchStudios Squirrely Wrath

That's awesome that you want to get a gun for your girl. Let me put out my two cents worth before you go buy something.

Let her decide...when my fiance and i first moved in together i wanted to get her one...I was thinking along the lines of a Glock 19 or a Sig 239 in 9mm or maybe a 38 revolver...well i bought a Glock 30 one day and we took it to the range and she fell in love with it. Slightly saddened i was of course cause i bought it for me but i wanted her with a gun that she felt comfortable and proficient with.

Take her to a range and rent a few different gun models in a few calibers.. Let her find whats comfortable...it'll be the only way you'll get her to shoot it on her own.

3. NoSuchStudios

Like i said that was just my experience and i've had fellow shooters/friends that have thought the same way and come to the same conclusion in the end.

Good luck in your search and take care

4. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Thats what I was thinking of doing... The closest rental range in an hour away so... Just gotta find the time. I think I am more excited than she is:)

5. NoSuchStudios

i know how you feel. Honestly i can think of nothing hotter than chicks with guns.

I thought my fiance was hot and then i saw her with a G30 on her hip and.......nuff said bub ;)

6. bassdeer

bassdeer Jesus Saves

Try the Spingfield XD, Should fit good in her hand. My wife has to carry a revolver, It's hard for her to pull the slide back.

7. NoSuchStudios

i agree. the xd is comfy in the hands. i carry an xd40 sub compact when i'm not wearing the kimber and i love it. But i'd honestly say the slide is a bit tougher than a glock...far more weight up top than most glocks. but their are techniques to get around that. i teach my students to turn their body to push the slide if they have trouble pulling it back. far more comfortable and just as safe while not compromising speed. But like you say...its down to what they can handle and are comfortable with.

8. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

Glock 26
    Kel Tec 380
    Sig Sauer P230, P239, P228
    Taurus M85, M851, MILLENNIUM PT111 and MILLENNIUM PT140.
    Beretta mini-Cougar 8000F
    Kahr P9

Just my .02

9. NoSuchStudios

those are all great guns....for me to poop on...

well except the G26...

10. NoSuchStudios

okay and the sigs can stay... i'd give a bersa to a person i didn't like very much... say what you will but i say i would pass....

11. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

quit trolling NoSuchStudios.

;)

J/K I know this joker.

12. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

We talked last night and we are suppose to go down to the range soon. I am wanting to go this Sat. Its exiting... I think I am going to rent a couple mil. rifles to shoot, never done that before:)

13. jdwhealton

jdwhealton

Think about a small stainless DAO revolver...like the Taurus CH85. Small enough to pop in the purse, can't fire without intentionally pulling the trigger...and impervious to makeup and lint. Load it with Glasers and it'll do just fine.

Remember, some women who don't firmly grip a small auto...for whatever reason....have difficulty with slide cycling under factory loads. Could happen when least expected. Revolvers rarely fail.

jd

[​IMG]

14. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

I am thinking Highly of something along those lines. I was thinking of some thing like you have pictured. I think that she is going to be a revolver type of girl;)

15. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

Well if she is going to be a revolver woman or semi auto woman, guide her on her choice but let it be HER choice. The last thing you want to do is buy her one that she wont carry or use.

goto http://www.taurususa.com

a great site with pics of all of thier models. I had a girlfriend that bought her gun because she liked the way it look. Sometimes (NOT ALWAYS), thats the whole reason a woman will pick her firearm.

My ex bought herself a Taurus 851 spectrum blue titanium

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=851TBCPRL&category=Revolver

16. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Well! I have been trying to get her to shoot my SIG PRO 2340(.40), for some reason she didn't want to. I went out and got a cheap 1911(.45) for some shootin' fun. I went out to shoot it the first time and she wanted to come. Well I took both guns, she ended up shootin the 1911 and she LOVED it! Still did not want to shoot the SIG...? I don't know why...

We went to the local gun shop, I told her to look at some to get the idea of what she likes... She picks out a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II... I told her she will have to wait a bit before I can get her that.:( She will have a better gun than I do;Q

17. TexasGlock23

TexasGlock23 Salty Collar

CZ RAMI 9mm! Or a S&W revolver

18. JDAL

JDAL

My wife refuses to carry anything on her person because it will conflict with her fashion sense, therefore, her weapon only gets carried in her purse. With that being said, she refused to carry anything heavy.

We found that the S&W 340PD works very well. It is light and easy to operate. The .357 is miserable to shoot, but she can practice with .38 and carry .357 (I doubt she'll notice the kick while defending her life).

If you want to stick with an auto, the Kahr PM9 is an excellent choice. It is light, easily concealable, and is simple to operate.

19. feklar_01

feklar_01

Pretty much everything everyone else said is good advice. Present catalogs from various manufacturers, then move to the practical. My girlfriend has shot my smith 3913, p229, p226 and refuses to touch the g26. She prefers revolvers so I presented several for her to try and she chose an 8 inch 357 from S&W. She knew she wouldn't carry concealed and liked the longer barrel for less recoil. The longer barrell also helped her accuracy. She shot the 2 inch, 4 inch, 5 inch and 8, and she chose. She also wanted it in stainless because its prettier. She wanted hogue grips too. Yeah, my babe likes function and beauty :)

So borrow a bunch of guns from friends, and go shooting. If any female shooters are around be sure to invite them. She may listen to them more than you. She'll pick a gun, and when she does the look on her face will be pure pleasure. Be a good boy and buy what she wants, then help her accessorize! High quality ear protection, glasses, holster(s), sights, grips, targets(she liked the metal ones that "ring" when she hits them), ammo, gloves, and cleaning stuff.