Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a 43x frame. I suppose that would also be a 48?
I bought a 43x customized last month and come to find out there is a small crack above the right side thumb rest pad. The frame had been laser stippled, but not 100% sure if was an issue before or after the original owner fired it.

LMK, thanks all!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am looking for a 43x frame. I suppose that would also be a 48?
I bought a 43x customized last month and come to find out there is a small crack above the right side thumb rest pad. The frame had been laser stippled, but not 100% sure if was an issue before or after the original owner fired it.

LMK, thanks all!
I had a similar situation last year and I found it was easier just to buy a complete gun from some guy on Armslist, and then I sold the complete slide online. Ended up with the frame and two mags for only like $100.

Good luck.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hey maybe this has already been talked to death but why could u not find a good 2 part epoxy to repair this as it is not in a bad place ...is this a bad idea to try?
I know there are adhesives so strong they will damage the materials trying to break them loose
Just a thought
Stay safe out there
God Bless,John
My local hardware has a place that just deals in adhesives and I would think they should know what to try

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
576 Posts
It's a nice option, but you definitely pay a premium. As an example, they charge $200 for a complete 48 frame. Add in the transfer fee, it would cost $215 for me. I bought my 48 from a LGS for $450, out the door. New 48 slides easily sell for $300, so you're then down to $150, plus two mags. More work, but a better deal to do the splitting yourself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey maybe this has already been talked to death but why could u not find a good 2 part epoxy to repair this as it is not in a bad place ...is this a bad idea to try?
I know there are adhesives so strong they will damage the materials trying to break them loose
Just a thought
Stay safe out there
God Bless,John
My local hardware has a place that just deals in adhesives and I would think they should know what to try

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Thanks for the idea, I don't think I would be comfortable doing that with a pistol, trusting it wouldn't fail shooting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts