close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Glock 23 Pre-Ban Magazines

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by morpheusfx, Jan 3, 2006.

1. morpheusfx

morpheusfx

Hello from New York.

Looking for some Pre-Ban Glock 23 13 round magazines.
    Not allowed to have the new ones in New York.

I'm also looking for a barrel from a 23.
    I got a g32 for Christmas.
    Happy New Year.
    PM Me.

Jeff

2. Maximaking

Maximaking

3. devilboy

devilboy

Jeff, If interested I have a Federal G23 barrel for sale. if interested you can email me at devil952k@yahoo.com

J

4. morpheusfx

morpheusfx

Bump
    I'm still looking.
    Anyone have some prebans?

5. Cop Pop

Cop Pop

Jeff - New York State recently enacted a new section of the Penal Law [265.20 subd.2]prohibiting possession of ANY high capacity ammo magazines by persons who are not law enforcement officers. Possession of any pre- or post-ban magazines is a FELONY. That's one reason I retired and moved to Pennsylvania, where they are legal. Be careful.

6. GregBecker

GregBecker

Well, although you're a "former prosecutor", I think the law is written a bit differently than you represent it. PL 265.20(2) covers the EXCEPTIONS to possession restrictions contained in the statute. The possession of a "large capacity ammunition feeding device" is prohibited in Section 265.02, Criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree, which reads, in relevant part:

A person is guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the third degree when:
    (8) Such person possesses a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

However, PL 265.00(23) - the definitions section of the statute - defines "large capacity ammunition feeding device" as follows:

23. "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device, manufactured after September thirteenth, nineteen hundred ninety-four, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition; provided, however, that such term does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

So what the statute ACTUALLY says is that possession of post-ban high-cap magazines - either LE Only or factory new unmarked - is unlawful. However, possession of "pre-ban" high-cap magazines is still lawful in New York - at least outside NYC

However, I would not move back, if I were you...

I'm also looking for G22/23 pre-ban high-caps.