close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTB: Glock 19 or 23 Frame or whole

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by gurn, Mar 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gurn

gurn

I'm looking for just a frame, but will buy the whole schmier. I'm in Astoria, OR and prefer an in state deal. I don't want a box, mags, or anything but a frame, anything other than the frame I will sell off. I don't care about condition either. I'm looking to make a full time 22 gun. The going rate around here is $385 for a used gun and mag and the rest. E mail me if you have something. Thanks!

2. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Might look into just having your local FFL dealer order one from Glock. Should run ya about $200 out the door for a new 3rd Gen frame. ;I

3. gurn

gurn

I hear ya, but I can't seem to get a new frame ordered in the old style. I don't care for the finger grooves. My thick fingers sit on top of the bumps instead of in the grooves. I just missed a deal for $360 on a 23, but I'll find another.

4. Glockster_James

Glockster_James Man W/ A Badge

Yeah, I hear ya there. Ummm...what you might do is look up the email and/or phone numbers for companies that specialize in customizing Glocks and ask them if they've got any of the 2nd gen 19/23 frames laying around that they might let go of. I know that some of these companies ended up shipping frames back to Glock (something about being "loose") and Glock shipped back both the new and the old frame to the company so they just keep the old frame laying around and they are supposed to be fine for the .22 convertions. So that would be my best guess for picking up a cheap 2nd gen frame. Goodluck. ;I

5. gurn

gurn

Good idea, I never thought of that. I'll check it out, Thanks.

6. CWatson

CWatson

I am trying the same thing and was wondering if you got lucky and tracked down a source and could share that source if you located one.

Thanks,CW